Which shampoo?? Revita ?? Nizoral??

macd

Hey everyone, just wondering which shampoo most of you like to use to supplement you other treatments. Does anyone know much about Revita...?? I know from reading various posts that shampoos are at the bottom of the pile when dealing with hair loss but a good one could help. Im currently on rogaine 5% foam and use a organic shampoo (Jason Organic,--no lauryl sulphates etc.)..can anyone offer some good advice...thanks

Are you on Propecia? It is worth noting that all participants in the Propecia case study used Nizoral, which contains ketoconazole. This is known to have "weak" anti-DHT properties, whatever that means. Revita contains 1% ketoconazole, as does over the counter Nizoral. There is also a 2% ketoconazole Nizoral available by prescription, but noone knows if the added percent makes any significant difference.

Revita does contain other supposedly anti-hair loss ingredients. It seems they basically threw every known possible hair loss treatment chemical in one shampoo. Check out the website and they explain every ingredient and why they were added.

Most people get on the "big 3", which are ketoconazole, finasteride (propecia), and minoxidil (rogaine). You should realize no shampoo will make you regrow or loose hair. ketoconazole MIGHT help the other treatments. I'm currently trying my first bottle of revita. I'm 2 months in on propecia and rogaine, hoping to stop/reverse diffuse thinning i noticed about 4 months ago. Due to revita's ridiculous price, I'll probably switch to Nizoral 1% after. Nothing has blown me away about revita.

I am currently one month post op and have been using a shampoo called hair cycle. It has a lot of good ingredients that are known to stop inflammation and dht. It also supposedly helps keep your hair in the anagen stage for a longer period. I don't know about that but I also like that there are NO lauryl sulfates either. It really does make my hair and scalp feel clean and much thicker. I found it after researching shampoos for post transplant surgery. Check it out at haircycle.com and see what you think.

I never tried Nizoral but have used Revita for about one year, I like the way it cleans my hair without drying and it is probably helping, hard to say what it would do on it's own since I take 1/4 Proscar daily and I do one 20 min. laser session per week, I am very happy with it and not considering any other shampoo.