Does new growth take longer when old punch grafts are involved?

As some of you know who have read my earlier post,I had my HT,{1500 FUT's},done by Dr.True in the middle of March.I also had some old punch graft work removed and thinned.My old work consisted of about 200 "plugs" on the vertax/back and top of the scalp.My question is does the new growth take longer when dealing with this type of situation?Is there a blood flow restriction? I am 102 days post-op and see only a few new hairs popping up in the hairline area? Am I just being impatient? As always,thanks for any input...

HK

As some of you know who have read my earlier post,I had my HT,{1500 FUT's},done by Dr.True in the middle of March.I also had some old punch graft work removed and thinned.My old work consisted of about 200 "plugs" on the vertax/back and top of the scalp.My question is does the new growth take longer when dealing with this type of situation?Is there a blood flow restriction? I am 102 days post-op and see only a few new hairs popping up in the hairline area? Am I just being impatient? As always,thanks for any input...

HK

heavy kevie,

I don't think you are being impatient in asking. It is a normal concern.

It is safe to assume that the initial growth may take a bit longer for recycled grafts. Even most patients of multiple procedures report slower growth in subsequent procedures. I highly doubt that impaired blood flow is the problem.

If you are very concerned, why not contact Dr. True and ask? I am sure that he would be more than happy to address your concern.

My personal opinion is that you are about three-and-a-half months out and so you will begin to see more growth shortly. As a matter of fact, it is pretty good that you are seeing that much growth at this early point from the recycled grafts.

I really look forward to your updates. I think many other previous hair transplant patients that are in need of repair could benefit from your experience.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Robert,

Thanks very much for the reply.And I will update progress.Just to clarify my concern;there were recycled grafts used,{from some of the un-sightly plugs that were extracted or thinned},but most of the grafts were from the strip that was used,{new grafts}.My question relates more to the recipient area were "plug scarring" was.It would seem to me that this area would have scar tissue not found in the small area in the front

where Dr.True recreated my hair line,{subtle}.I think I'm at the stage where some people get a little ansty,and waiting is your only option...

I'm sure my wife will confuse me with Brad Pitt this time next month...

Heavy Kevie