Washing hair post op?

Alright. I'm 7-days today and I've been using Johnson's baby shampoo in a styrofone cup just pouring it over the head.

When can I put the shampoo on with my fingers and rub it around a little? How about direct shower pressure? Mine has a water saver so it's not but about 2 gal. per minute; while the avg. is about 2.5.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Alright. I'm 7-days today and I've been using Johnson's baby shampoo in a styrofone cup just pouring it over the head.

When can I put the shampoo on with my fingers and rub it around a little? How about direct shower pressure? Mine has a water saver so it's not but about 2 gal. per minute; while the avg. is about 2.5.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I used the same shampoo, I started rubbing it in very lightly at 1 week. You should be fine. The grafted new hairs are intact at about 7 to 10 days. Remember very lightly with the rub. This will also help the scabs from coming off . I was very careful with a light rub for about a month post-op. You can also stop using the cup now. Just put your water pressure on light. congrats with your new hair.

dewayne

my doctor advised me to give my grafts direct water at 10 days and after. Im at 9 days and I'm still using a cup and covering my grafts. call me mister careful, but im not taking any chances, but thats just me =).

most likely im going to put a lil pressure after my 10th day just to get those darn scabs off.

I would wait a minimum of 10 days for any direct pressure. I use the styrofoam method and plan on doing so as long as possible. Luckily, I don't have any major scabs yets, so I'm hoping I don't have to do much rubbing. I might just soak my head in the tub to loosen the scabs up if they develop.

Here's a trick that one of the technican used when i went to my doctor at 10 day post ops to remove scabs, wet the graft area, gently, soak the grafts with shampoo for about 5 mintues, rinse your head. pat dry your head, but keep your graft area a bit wet. using q-tip, slowly roll with gentle pressure, the qtip from right to left or left to right, the qtip will scrap the scabs off but wont hurt the grafts. She did this method and man was I impressed. All my scabs were gone and the pictures that I posted at 10 day post ops was immediately followed by what she did-AMAZING!!

I'm glad my doctor is only 10 minutes away from my house icon_biggrin.gif