Living like a Freak

Mahair

My appearance has been altered to such a degree that I cannot even go out to the store to get what I need without feeling self consious. My life has been ruined. I feel the oppression of what this doctor did to me every minute. I wish that I had never trusted anyone with my life. Worst of all I feel as though I cannot accept my altered appearance as my own. I have reveiwed over and over my pre -op photos and cannot but say to myself what was I thinking. If the doctor had even one degree of the ethics I thought he had he would have either sent me away or given me the few hundred grafts I may have needed. I certainly hope that MHR realizes that they are ruining people when they have a 2,500 graft or nothing policy. It is unscrupulous and I say at this time criminal what they have done to me.The suffering I have gone through is imeasurable. The future is equally bleak. Somewhere , Somebody needs to hold them accountable for there actions . Perhaps the "industry" as a whole needs to be re-vamped hopefully from within.It is an insult to have been knowingly wronged by a person that carries the title of M.D.. This transplant is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to me and has had far reaching effects that I never could have imagined.It is worse to know that it was intentful as I in this short time know more than I ever thought I would need to about hairtransplants.There will be legal recourse but that is little solace for how I will have to live for ever.So now I will have to try to repair what wasn't broken in the first place or relegate myself to looking like a freak.I hope others will come forward and put an end to this abuse.I didn't know that I was in the wrong place at the time and didn't see any red flags. But on constant reveiw of the events that transpired I see them clearly.My soul hurts and I fight to have the strenth to continue.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

My appearance has been altered to such a degree that I cannot even go out to the store to get what I need without feeling self consious. My life has been ruined. I feel the oppression of what this doctor did to me every minute. I wish that I had never trusted anyone with my life. Worst of all I feel as though I cannot accept my altered appearance as my own. I have reveiwed over and over my pre -op photos and cannot but say to myself what was I thinking. If the doctor had even one degree of the ethics I thought he had he would have either sent me away or given me the few hundred grafts I may have needed. I certainly hope that MHR realizes that they are ruining people when they have a 2,500 graft or nothing policy. It is unscrupulous and I say at this time criminal what they have done to me.The suffering I have gone through is imeasurable. The future is equally bleak. Somewhere , Somebody needs to hold them accountable for there actions . Perhaps the "industry" as a whole needs to be re-vamped hopefully from within.It is an insult to have been knowingly wronged by a person that carries the title of M.D.. This transplant is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to me and has had far reaching effects that I never could have imagined.It is worse to know that it was intentful as I in this short time know more than I ever thought I would need to about hairtransplants.There will be legal recourse but that is little solace for how I will have to live for ever.So now I will have to try to repair what wasn't broken in the first place or relegate myself to looking like a freak.I hope others will come forward and put an end to this abuse.I didn't know that I was in the wrong place at the time and didn't see any red flags. But on constant reveiw of the events that transpired I see them clearly.My soul hurts and I fight to have the strenth to continue.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

But rather than dwelling on what's been done, you should try and focus on finding a solution. Even though you used up 2500 grafts, that should still leave you plenty of options for repair work.

There is no point in trying to undo what's been already done. Move on - try to look at the brighter side of things (I'm sure you have at least the means to get repair work - imagine how much worse you'd be off if you ended up getting a bad HT, and having no money to follow up with repair work - just an example).

Also - I don't recall you posting any pictures - perhaps you could share some of those (block out the face if you wish), and get some suggestions on what to do next.

There is a world of possibilities out there - finding this site is the first step to explore them.

Like I said, don't waste your time thinking about the problem - think about the solution.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

OK, Mahair....no more Mr Nice Guy! icon_wink.gif You've reached your limit on posts that state your life is ruined! icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif I'm saying this as a friend who has been there too (mini and micro "plugs" in the 90's...cobblestoning, pluggy hairline, etc).

The inconsolable grieving, despair and remorse you are experiencing needs to begin to switch over to coherent thinking, planning and action! (face slap, face slap, head dunk in cold water icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif ).

Regardless of the fact that you may not have gotten the best type of procedure available, or that you now feel you did not need a HT at all to begin with, here are some key points to help you begin to think more clearly and with purpose:

1) You CANNOT go back in time or wish it all away. It is done. Feel disappointed or mislead if you must, but the overwhelming and constant remorse and anguish does not serve you.

2) If the results are truly crappy, you need realize that you are not to blame. It does not automatically mean that you are now less of a person or some kind of freak because of someone else's actions, techniques or abilities.

3) You are at 4 months! It is WAAAAYYYY to early to judge results. Even the skin irragularities may still smooth out more (albeit the best techniques should not cause much to begin with). Once you have yielded you final results (after at leat 1 year, mind you), you can then make a sound determination of the quality of the work.

4) If even then the work still looks pluggy and bumpy, there are docs that specialize in "repairs" where larger plug-type grafts can even be removed, broken up and redistributed (I've had 2900+ FU's placed in front of old grafts...no plugs removed).

5) If number 4 comes true, a repair procedure may be your only sound option (I don't think you would like a piece or electrolyisis, etc.). If you are convinced that this will come true, then begin researching now and go in for some consults. This will help to move things more towards "action".

6) If the despair still does not let up for prolongued periods, then consider seeing your MD. There is a chance that something may be treatable with meds or counseling (hey! It happens to the best of us!).

It is time to start trying to move ahead!! Please report back with your action plan. icon_biggrin.gif

Your friend,

trying2moveahead

[This message was edited by trying2moveahead on October 19, 2003 at 07:50 PM.]