Optimal density in the hairline in just one two hour session.

• Administrators

Recently Dr. Sheldon Kabaker, a very highly regarded facial cosmetic surgeon, reminded me of a surgical technique that he has successfully provided to his patients for over twenty years. It is called a forehead reduction and it works particularly well for women who want to either reestablish or lower their hairline with optimal density (that can be hard to establish even with dense packing).

Essentially this two hour procedure involves excising tissue in front of the receded or high hairline and then bringing the forehead tissue up and under the hairline. By using a trycophetic closure the scar become hidden behind the hair growing in front of and through the thin scar and is thus virtually undectable.

In addition to lowering the hairline the patient also gets a bit of a brow lift as well.

I think this procedure is particularly well suited to women like Dr. Kabaker's forehead reeducation patient shown below.

Dr. Kabaker also performs follicular unit grafting and is based in the Oakland California area.

8851079812_wide_view_of_Female_Forehead_Reduction_1_session_Dr_Kabaker.jpg?ts=44163B8F&key=E6D81D19935E5A17974A84829E0A56CE&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Fgroupee%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F9851079812%2Fwide_view_of_Female_Forehead_Reduction_1_session_Dr_Kabaker.jpg

wide_view_of_Female_Forehead_Reduction_1_session_Dr_Kabaker.jpg

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Close up view

6871079812_CU_Female_Forehead_Reduction_1_session_Dr_Kabaker.jpg?ts=44163BC1&key=3C521A4312306D1BDEC988FC1BB40C7F&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Fgroupee%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F7871079812%2FCU_Female_Forehead_Reduction_1_session_Dr_Kabaker.jpg

CU_Female_Forehead_Reduction_1_session_Dr_Kabaker.jpg

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

I would imagine this procedure would not be well suited for males, seeing that mpb would eventually take in and the hair covering the scar would be lost, thus exposing it.

• Administrators

MXM, That's a very good point. I think that's why this procedure is primarily done for women who were born with a hairline that is so high that they simply do not like their hairline so high (like the woman in the photo).

I think in her case it really did improve her look.

My Hair Loss Blog

Originally posted by GuitarPlayer:

Dr. Kabaker seems to be another surgoen who does not get his due online.

Sometimes it's frustrating to see how much this happens.

I would have to agree that this is probably not the best of ideas for males, but for females that are self-conscious about their naturally-high hairline, it can be a real breathe of fresh air.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 10 months later...