I think I am losing my hair

Hi, I am a 22 year old male and I think I am starting to go bald at the top of my head from the scalp to the fringe. I am not 100% sure but when I look in the mirror from a distance with a strong light above me, I see patches of hair missing sometimes, however in normal/dark light I cannot notics.

I have included a picture of the top of my head, it can be found below. Does everyone agree that I am going bald or is it just me?

http://img141.imageshack.us/im...thjanuary2009sy0.jpg

Whether I am losing hair or not, I am concerned because as far as I know, all males on both sides of my family have lost some or most of their hair and I don't want to be one of them (especially at such a young age). I have been doing research into treatments and don't want to try things like minoxidil as they have side effects and are very expensive. I understand that natural products can also promote side effects, but the chances of this are much lower, if at all. I decided I want to try herbal/natural remedies to help grow my hair back (if I am losing it, or if I'm not, to stop it from happening in the future).

I have heard that the items below can help block DHT.

- Coconut Oil/Milk

- Aloe Vera

- Olive Oil

- Almond Oil

If I buy a few of the items listed above, mix them together and massage them into my head a few times a week, would it promote hair growth? This is my question and I hope someone can help. I have recently started eating more foods with Vitamin B3,6 and 7 which is suppose to be beneficial for your hair and I have now changed shampoo (I use one with Coconut and Almond Oil extracts 3) which I use to wash my hair 3 times a week.

• 5 months later...

Looking at this picture one cannot say whether you are going bald or not. they should how was your hair few months before. baldness depends on several factors. usually it is hereditary. Stress, pollution, some types of fevers, hormonal imbalance are some other facts. you have to consult your doctor for the cause.

However I can suggest some tips,

Drinking tender coconut water everyday morning on empty stomach.

Use lot of coconut in your food

use soy products

another herbal remedy to grow hair back: make a paste of fenu greek leaves apply to your hair every day and rinse it when it dries

• 8 months later...

hello. 1st time here, and youre the lucky one who gets my drama 1st..I dont know what else to do about my losing hair right at my forehead. im 31.. no hormonal changes. been the dr. and derm. and most recently a ht consultation only to find out im not a candidate. ive done the rogaine, i take biosil and over the past 2 years its got significantly worse i wanna cry. the top of my head is alomost transparent when in the light. no one cares..is this really it?? am I just supposed to wait until im finally "bald" enough to be a candidate? please...anything insight would be appreciated...im healthy girl..always have been..dont touch my hair anymore than i have to in an effort to salvage whats up there..its not falling out..but its clearly not coming back either. ;-(

I'm 24, and I've tried a lot of stuff for hair loss.

I personally think starting Rogaine was a mistake, because it caused massive fall out on my head when I applied it the first few months. My balding problem is more of a receiding hairline than a spot at the back of my head anyway.

Starting propecia caused me some issues with um... erections... the first few months, but at least it has helped me keep the majority of my hair.

None of the herbal stuff I've tried has really done much for me.

If I was 21 or 22 and had the opportunity to start over anew... I would just take propecia from the beginning and not mess with rogaine. Sure, propecia is expensive, but it's easy and quick to swallow a pill, and it does seem to help more than anything else.