Am I going bald?

rembrandt

rembrandt,

Good question.

Typically hereditary hair loss is more gradual, but there are varying speeds at which even this happens.

Is the "shedding" you are experiencing creating visual signs of loss? If not, this could be a normal shed due to the hair growth cycle.

Medical conditions can certainly cause sudden hair loss and may be correctable as the condition is treated.

Sudden hair shedding/loss can also be caused by traumatic stress (not normal stress) and certain medications, and even dermatitus of the scalp.

Specifically in your case, it appears that you at the least have some minor scalp irritation which might be causing this.

Consulting with a medical doctor about this is advised.

Bill

Bill,this was what i was thinking aswell.rem have you noticed any thing visually ie hairline receeding or hair becoming more see through?if i remember rightly(v long time ago)i noticed my hair became see through at the temples it was then i noticed hair coming out in bath etc.definatly go to docs though sounds like you got some sort of scalp malfunction.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

After a shower when my hair is soaking wet you can see my scalp very easily, but thats when its soaking et. When its just damp or dry you can see it at all. I've been having massive loss of hair for around 7 months now I think. So if it was MPB I suspect I would see a lot of recession by this stage or something. I mean I can stand over the sink and rub my head all over and after 5 minutes there could be 100 strands of hair. Would head and shoulders shampoo correct this and the flakey things that come everywhere. There is even the flakey stuff on the hairs that have shed. I guess its time to go to the Dr.s I thought if it was something wrong with me such as a scalp malfunction then it would have corrected itself.

So with MPB does it occur how this has happened to me? Where one day your in the shower and all of a sudden your noticing hair on your fingers etc... Or you don't see hair coming out all of a sudden and actually just notice your hair is receded over time or something.

Sounds like diffuse thinning like I had. There is no specific pattern of hairloss as everyone is different . There are classic patterns but nobodys perfect.. If hair is coming out fast or gradual it can be ( and probably is ) MPB..

Now, you are a bit young so maybe it isn't but the only way is to see a doc.

Talk to every guy on here and they have gone through what you have

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

rembrandt, your hair loss seems to be a lot like mine was. I am 24yrs old and probably start losing my hair around the 21~22yr mark, but losing it very slowly. It increased dramaticly when I was 23 and the only way I knew I was thining, was by having my hair wet and looking in the mirror with the light on it. When it was dry, you would never think I was balding as my hair looks very thick. It appears you are following my same path. My crown looks just like your when dry, MAYBE a touch worse, but when you wet the hair and get under a light, the real damage can be seen. I would not continue to make excuses for it because at this point anything you can do(safely) and with-in reason can save you some hair for down the road. Go see a dermatologist asap.