day 6

Should I cover my head with cotton scarf while I sleep or just around the house? Will it damage my transplants/ Most of the scabs have already fallen off, I still have some crusting, some of the plugs have popped out, only a couple though. I've been spraying with saline solution, and splashing a little water on the areas.

Should I cover my head with cotton scarf while I sleep or just around the house? Will it damage my transplants/ Most of the scabs have already fallen off, I still have some crusting, some of the plugs have popped out, only a couple though. I've been spraying with saline solution, and splashing a little water on the areas.

• Administrators

GettinHairSoon,

Congratulations on your recent surgery. It is very common for patients to worry about their grafts during the first week after surgery.

But at 6 days out your transplanted folicles are pretty well seated and short of really tugging on them they are secure. You should be fine to sleep with or without a bandana.

Now as all surgical vets know comes the long hard part - waiting, waiting and waiting for your new hair to begin growing in 3 to 4 months.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I'm not sure why you would want to cover your head while you sleep or are around the house. If you do, make sure that it doesn't stick to your head, which upon removal could damage a graft.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery