Recipient Area.-

Ralph J.

I just had 2,888 graft from Dr. Epstein and he recommend the use of graftcyte spray solution (Provided by the clinic)for the first three days, however I'm five days out now and I would like to know if there is any other thing that I can use on the graft as well as donor area to speed healing. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ralph

I just had 2,888 graft from Dr. Epstein and he recommend the use of graftcyte spray solution (Provided by the clinic)for the first three days, however I'm five days out now and I would like to know if there is any other thing that I can use on the graft as well as donor area to speed healing. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ralph

Ralph,

You can safely use saline spray which you can mix up yourself with salt and bottled water. I also recommend aloe on the grafts and even donor area. Keep the donor area very clean before applying. You want to keep the scabs moist so they come off naturally in 10-14 days without pulling out the follicle with the scab. Remember, the hair is not the follicle itself so if the hair comes of with the scab it does not mean you have lost that graft. Just be careful and try not to itch or force off the scabs.

Good luck and congratulations on your HT.

NoBuzz

Agree with Nobuzz. I mixed up some saline and epson salt mixture in the graphcyte bottle provided by Dr. E's office and sprayed it every 30 minutes or so. Both recipient site and donor. I also mixed up the same thing and put it in a mixing bowl big enough to allow me to rest my head in it (with a pillow supporting my neck). This really seemed to help. Finally, I soaked a wash cloth in the same and let it just rest on the recipient site for about 30 minutes. Between these three, most of my scabs were gone in 8 days. Couple of stragglers took a few more, but 7-8 was when most started falling off. Try the soaking and wash cloth. Just don't scratch them off as has been mentioned.

hi

I used Aloe shampoo which was 50% aloe ( health food store) It worked wonders and I feel there was a big benefit as opposed to my first 2 HT's. Make sure to massage while cleaning the donor area to get rid of scabs

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!