Stan Lee: Rug or HT?

youngsuccess

WTF is with Stan Lee's hair? I've seen him the Sci Fi channel a lot recently, and noticed a few things: thick wall of hair emerging from high forehead region; hair color doesn't match, and not in a subtle way; hair thinner on the sides of his head. I was tempted to say it's a wig immediately, but the hairs actually do seem to growing out of the scalp. Bad HT, or is his hair just naturally this weird? Poor Stan!

stan2.jpg.7f147e30c2ba03d1236675f0e9a9d1e2.jpg

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

It looks like a bad HT to me... Which is my theory on Donald Trump as well. In his first book, he wrote how he saw baldness as a sign of 'weakness', so I can only imagine he did something about his recession by getting some surgery done, when surgery was not very rewarding back then (mini / micro grafts or - worse yet - plugs). Now he is stuck trying to cover it all up as the only thing worse than going bald is trying unsuccessfully to do something about it. Again - just a theory and certainly not the first person to think of it...

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Looks like an old mini / Micro job.. At his age I am sure he is probably content with it but it looks very obvious. Surely a poor example of today's FU procedures.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Probably plugs/minigrafts. The hairline point looks like it was placed offline with the rest of his head!

. . . And yet Stan Lee is a household-word person for a lot of people in the country. He does cameos in movies, etc. Have you ever heard anyone talk about his "weird hair?"

Most people just don't know about this kind of stuff at all, let alone care enough to look for it all the time. Get a decent modern HT procedure done and virtually 99% of the people out there simply won't ever know a thing, whether you think it's dense/perfect enough or not.

------------------------------------------------

So plugs it is. Yeah, it's strange because I've never heard anyone ever mention anything whatsoever about his hair.

Trump, on the other hand...everyone notices that! Most people probably assume it's a rug though. I definitely agree that he must have had work done. I've seen him publicly tug on his hair, as if that's some kind of solid proof that it's "all natural". His light hair color is the only other thing aside from his awkward coming style that maybe conceals it. It's just strange that these guys have millions and millions of dollars (Trump at one time billions) and wind up looking like this. Just goes to show that regardless of financial standing, you don't get too many shots to get the HT right. Thing is, with the modern methods able to repair old work so effectively now, you have to simply be in denial to go on like that if you have the money to correct it. Or maybe the donor is just not there...Trump may have depleted his entirely if all that hair has been transplanted! Ah well, Stan is still the man!

-------

Trump is nuts for that head. He should have gotten that corrected a long time ago.

If he can even consistently pull off such an elaborate head-covering combover in the first place, then he probably has plenty of hair left to get at least some type of surgical improvement. Maybe there's remaining donor hair, existing botched-up HTs could be reimplanted, etc.

Or why not just wear a hairpiece? It's not like that elaborate combover could possibly be any less inconvenient on a daily basis. It's not like anyone thinks his hair is still normal anyway.

I'm not a fan of hairpieces, but in Trump's particular case I don't see how he has anything to lose.

I must be one of the few people who has never heard of Stan Lee before but then again I don't watch the sci-fi channel. Looking at his pictures though I see what you mean about his hair.

In Donald's case before I started following him regulary with "The Apprentice" I always assumed his hair was a system. It goes down so unnaturally low on his forehead for a man his age. However when he is presiding over the boardroom scenes under a ceiling light you can see how thin he is on top. The funny thing though is in the outdoor scenes when he is briefing the candidates his hair barely moves, even when he is at his private helicopter or jet. He must really have it plastered down with spray.

So I think Donald probably has had some work done. I read somewhere that it was one of those barbaric "flap" proceedures which certainly would explain his styling technique. But you would think someone with his resources would get it improved. Oh well I really like his current wife and daughter!

Phil

Yeah the flap theory definitely makes sense to me- his hair just kind of flops forward, seemingly in the opposite direction. But he does have a hairline, he exposes it at about 1:45 into this video:

[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=bo_2e7REzsw]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bo_2e7REzsw

I bet you can already guess the outcome of this (Trump would never agree to go on with this storyline if he were going to lose).

-------

what about connan o'brien's hair? I've always wondered about Connan's hair style as well. It seems that he's receding, but that bang of his does seem like his natural hair. I've noticed that he shakes his head purposely sometimes to show some motion in his bangs. Sometimes when he gets up and start acting like a clown, you can tell that his crown area is quite thin compared to other parts of the head. I think he'd be a great candidate for a HT, and would really compliment his personality. Seems like he's never had work done, and plenty of donor left, and a lowered hair line would go with his youthful TV personality really well.

I usually synpathize with those that have thinning hair, because I know exactly how they feel, but for some reason I just don't feel the same way with Donald Trump.

I usually synpathize with those that have thinning hair, because I know exactly how they feel, but for some reason I just don't feel the same way with Donald Trump.

Maybe because he's a total jerkwad?

And because he's got so much money that he can get better looking women without hair than we'd ever get even with all our hair back?

yea, that's the main reason, but there's more than that. He's got a load of money, and a lot of power of course comes along with it. It's not just the power that money brings along, I just feel that he acts more powerful than he really deserves. Sure, he's a billionair and owns a lot of property, but I just feel that he constantly demands the power whenever I see him on TV. Like the reality TV shows, the footage of that WWE footage, he's constantly acting like he's the boss and he has to win. Like what an above member posted, he mentioned that baldness is a sign of weakness, I'm sure most people will see it as that, but there's many ways one can appear strong and poised without constantly being publicized as the "boss". If he has so much money that he can get beautiful women whether he's bald or not, why does he make that pathetic attempt of styling his hair that way? And every time I see that hair on TV, even though it appears really messy and goes in 10 different directions, it appears that each strand of hair is the same direction. Either he spents at least half an hour on combing that nest, or he has some professional doing it for him every time he's in the public. You're right, he's a jerkwad, I'll shut up now.

I actually have a client who knows Trump personaly and he says it is all about him and his ego.

I have a theory that he enjoys the extra attention the ridiculous combover attracts. See - here we are talking about him - he wins again! icon_mad.gif

I agree he is a jerk, one of the ways he made it so big in the build industry was to get the major work done on his buildings by subcontractors than nitpick the work and refuse to pay. The subs eventually settle for less in order to pay their bills.

Nice guy - hope he goes broke and bald.

NoBuzz

With Donald that's just part of the image that he and the media have so thourougly cultivated. He's a master at self promotion. Why do you think all his projects he constantly boasts as being "the biggest and best, etc".

As far as his hair, although we don't agree with his methods, maybe that's just the way he is most comfortable with it. Perhaps inwardly he is self conscious about it after all. In that regard he isn't that different from many of us who suffer over our hairloss but try to present a different face to the world.

Phil

• 15 years later...

It's too strange of a hairline pattern to be intentionally designed by a doctor with any level of artistic skill. The shape is unnatural, and the density is too high and not pluggy enough to have been done with old school plugs which were available back when he would have had it done, which seems to have been in the early 80s.

I don't think it's a wig either. It's too poorly placed and it blends in too well with the rest of his hair to have been one, at least by 1980s standards. 

If you look closely at his hairline, especially the left side, you'll see what looks like a thin white line. I believe this is from a Fleming-Meyer flap surgery. This is an archaic technique where they'd cut out a strip as in FUT, but instead of excising it completely and dissecting it into grafts, they'd leave it hinged on the temporal side, and twist it around, remove a similar sized strip from the forehead, and stitch in the hair bearing flap in its place. 

The advantage is in huge, native level density. The disadvantages include frequent necrosis, pain, nerve damage, losing any chance of an artistic or natural design, a thin FUT-like scar on the hairline, backwards angled hair and the fact you'll be left with a high chance of an unnatural appearance as your hair loss advances and you run out of hair for more surgery. 

This procedure has been rendered obsolete for a reason. But Stan Lee was a lovable character and his appearance had its charm. The fact someone with such a high profile can get away with a hairline most of us here would immediately clock as unnatural, without rousing much public suspicion or curiosity, should give the rest of us some perspective about how we pay far more attention and criticism to our hair and our appearance than anyone else does. 

Screenshot_20230331-101341_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230331-101547_DuckDuckGo.jpg