SPOCK: Stop using Minox = shockloss?

kg007

Hello All -

I just read Spock's story, and I am very disappointed with the final outcome. I have seen patients who did not have great growth post HT, but Spock's donor scar is just unacceptable. It looks like the work of Bosley or MHR. I think this is 3rd or 4th case I have seen on this forum with very poor results from top docs. Spock, do your research and go to different doctor next time. Hopefully everything will work out the way you had hoped the first time. I would say you must target roughly around 1700-2000 grafts to be satisfied with the Density you expect.

I also read that Spock had stopped using MINOX 6 months after HT. Spock can you tell us more about that? How long had you been using Minox befor getting HT?

I would really appreciate if other people with experince of using Minox can share their stories. I have heard that using Minox post HT helps faster growth. I plan to do the same. I plan to start using Minox 2 weeks after HT, and use it for about 2 months and then stop. My intentions are for the faster growth, not having my native hair depend on Minox. So I think 2 month period is enough to have faster growth without risking native hair. Also I plan to use Minox only once a day at night.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

KG

Hello All -

I just read Spock's story, and I am very disappointed with the final outcome. I have seen patients who did not have great growth post HT, but Spock's donor scar is just unacceptable. It looks like the work of Bosley or MHR. I think this is 3rd or 4th case I have seen on this forum with very poor results from top docs. Spock, do your research and go to different doctor next time. Hopefully everything will work out the way you had hoped the first time. I would say you must target roughly around 1700-2000 grafts to be satisfied with the Density you expect.

I also read that Spock had stopped using MINOX 6 months after HT. Spock can you tell us more about that? How long had you been using Minox befor getting HT?

I would really appreciate if other people with experince of using Minox can share their stories. I have heard that using Minox post HT helps faster growth. I plan to do the same. I plan to start using Minox 2 weeks after HT, and use it for about 2 months and then stop. My intentions are for the faster growth, not having my native hair depend on Minox. So I think 2 month period is enough to have faster growth without risking native hair. Also I plan to use Minox only once a day at night.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

KG