Crowns - who and why?

I have read a lot of people that are concerned about hair lines, but less on crown filling.

Any suggestions on who is best in filling in an empty crown? Any comments on what differentiates between the docs?

I have read a lot of people that are concerned about hair lines, but less on crown filling.

Any suggestions on who is best in filling in an empty crown? Any comments on what differentiates between the docs?

hi himthere

I had similar trouble when researching my hair surgery , my hair line was fine but i was thinning around my crowns .first i got on meds , propecia first then later switching to proscar ,this helped stablize my hair loss and improve the condition on my exsisting hair ,my crown hair responded only a little with some regrowth but not enough to provide coverage ,so a HT was my only solution .

After extensive research i had 2100 grafts densly packed into my crowns ,i have a double crown ,with Dr Feller on november 2nd 2007 ,early days yet however i have already seen some regrowth from the new grafts and ,after alot of research i'm confident in Dr Feller's ability to give me the density i am after .

below are some pics of my surgery

51.jpg25.jpg

Below are some links with more pics to my previous threads as these may help.

I my opinion you can't go wrong with Dr Feller ,he is one of the best in the world .

Below are links to my threads

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154859

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152301

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153057

i hope that helps

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Any of the TOP docs can do crowns. I too had my surgery with Dr.Feller and while I can't speak for the results yet, the entire experience was an A+. Dr.Wong is suppossed to be noted particularly for his crown work as he works very closely to mimic your natural swirl pattern, so you might want to check him out as well....

Here is a link to my pics...he placed 1200 grafts in my crown.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=148798

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

HimThere,

Whether or not to get a hair transplant for the front or back (or both if possible) is dependent on a number of things.

There are some good reasons why waiting to transplant hair in the crown may be a good idea, but for someone like me, who was a norwood 6 (extensive hair loss in the front, middle, and crown), I received 3 hair transplants and covered everything.

I don't want to leave you with the wrong idea. My crown is thinner than the rest due to a finite donor hair supply. The more extensive the hair loss, the more minimal the hair density.

Now I could have focused on the front half of my scalp increasing overall hair density while leaving the crown bald. I feel however, that I made a good decision by having my crown filled in. Eventhough it's thinner, I no longer have a "bald spot".

Any hair transplant surgeon from the Coalition would be an advisable choice to consider. Be sure to research your options and select a surgeon who impresses you.

See my personal hair restoration journey.

Best wishes,

Bill

yeah i agree most pictures are of hairlines but if you search enough there are a lot of crown pictures and some videos on here.

i also asked adrian of rahal to post some and he said he will.

ps dr gabel in pats visit to clinics shows crown work

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result