New to the site and need help

Rico

I am 23 years old and have been progressively thinning for the past 3 years. I am on my 7th month of propecia and have not yet seen any true results. I have also had a consultation and have made an appt. for a HT at the end of this month. I am scheduled to recieve about 1500 fu in 1 session in hopes to thicken up my existing hair. Now, after reading this site am not sure what to do. I am really nervous about what my outcome may truly be. What should I expect, Post-op? Please help me!!!

I am going through: Dr. Grossenbocher ( Bosley Medical)

I am 23 years old and have been progressively thinning for the past 3 years. I am on my 7th month of propecia and have not yet seen any true results. I have also had a consultation and have made an appt. for a HT at the end of this month. I am scheduled to recieve about 1500 fu in 1 session in hopes to thicken up my existing hair. Now, after reading this site am not sure what to do. I am really nervous about what my outcome may truly be. What should I expect, Post-op? Please help me!!!

I am going through: Dr. Grossenbocher ( Bosley Medical)

Well I'm the first to reply and I would think many will respond in the same fashion.

At your age your probably too young for a HT.

Yeah,sure there is plenty of Docs who will empty

your pockets and feed you full of BS because it is within their interests to make money from you.

You have done the right thing though,coming here, seeking advice and getting on propecia.

Bosley is not recommended here at all and I urge you to cancel you proceedure until you have sought advice from other Docs with a good reputation.

Above all don't worry yourself sick over it all

and just look at the alternatives first before doing something you may really regret later on.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

Rico,

I highly recommend that you postpone having the procedure until you:

1 - Learn everything you can about HT

2 - Consult with several doctors

3 - Analyze everything again

4 - The make an informed decision

Most people here are going to say you are too young. The best doctors will likely say the same. Utlimately you will make the choice. But IMO you are not ready to do that today. You most certainly aren't ready to have the procedure. How do I know this? Do a search on Bosley on this site you will see that your choice for the Ht is considered by many to be the worst place to go.

Stop. Take a deep breath. Approach this as one of the most important and impactful decisons you will ever make. You can't rush into this or a few years from now you will regret it.

Read this site (and others) thoroughly.

Good luck!!

Jrp65

Thank you very much for responding to my message. I just made the call and cancelled my appt. with Bosley medical. The question I have now is where I go from here. I will remain on propecia for as long as it takes to see results. But I really want to do something to make a difference while staying ahead of my hair loss. I just don't feel comfortable with my hair now and that is why I thought a HT was the best way.

Take your time, the worst thing to do is to be impulsive and get a HT without knowing who the best docs are and whether the quality docs even recommend you get a HT. Consider yourself fortunate that yoiu found this site b/c Bosley is NEVER a good option. As someone said on here, the only thing worse than being bald is being bald with a bad HT to boot.

• Administrators

Hi Rico,

There is some really good information on both the sites that support this forum, The Hair Transplant Network and the Hair Loss Research Centre (links are at the top of all the forum pages).

There are some really good doctors that have been recommended by the Hair Transplant Network and you can also send any of these doctors details of your condition, expectations and photo's.

Hope you find the information useful.

Hans

Webmaster

• 1 month later...

Rico -

If you are frustrated by your results on Propecia, it may be that you are expecting too much. In most cases, Propecia will not restore the hair you have already lost, but it can be very effective in preventing further loss. It sounds to me like you are watching the mirror waiting for your old hair to start sprouting, and it probably will not. Stay on the Propecia, though. It may help you avoid further HT procedures in the future, or at least delay the need for them.