avacor shampoo? real??

ok fella's I hear the ads on the radio and see them on tv all the time....give me the bull#### on this junk. I would not buy it but I got a feeling somebody out there has some info..good or bad and I am curious.

thanks and aloha

big it up

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!

ok fella's I hear the ads on the radio and see them on tv all the time....give me the bull#### on this junk. I would not buy it but I got a feeling somebody out there has some info..good or bad and I am curious.

thanks and aloha

big it up

Experience:

The active ingredient in the topical is Minoxidil. They add some herbs and other stuff you don't need, and jack the price sky-high. They have the nerve to advertise that it's "all natural" even though Minoxidil is what makes it work.

Dr. Gordon, their spokesman, did time in the federal penitentiary for defrauding Medicare (or was it Medicaid?) He still owes the government a whole lot of money. There was a great "hidden camera" expose about Avacor on the news here, where the camera was chasing Dr. Gordon down the street. It was hilarious.

Avacor has the nerve to claim 90% success rates when the success rate for Minoxidil is much lower. I've heard the Avacor "testing facility" doesn't even exist, supposedly.

Propecia and Minoxidil are still the 2 medications that actually work. Save yourself some major cash and buy the generic Kirklad brand 5% Minoxidil from Costco.

I've heard that Avacor sales are much higher than the sales for Propecia, which is sickening. It shows that slick marketing really does fool people.

Thanks for the reply. I would never order that crap, I just was really curious cause they do spend a boat load of money on advertising. I am a firm believer that if you want more hair, its propecia, minox (which I do get from costco) or a HT. All the other stuff is just snake oil BS!! Nioxin, there is another scam. Just buy the thickening shampoo made by suave or any other drug store brand for few bucks instead of huge dollars.

I am in marketing and I am still amazed that people believe all this crap. Yeah I got a pill that burns fat while you sleep and grows hair!!! Unreal just call 1-800 I AM DUMB

LATER big it up

Experience: