1 Year Post Op from Dr. Reed in San Diego

Zod

Since I haven't seen many posts about Dr Reed on these forums, I though I should chime in. I just got a year under my belt from a HT with Dr Reed who transplanted just under 1900 grafts.

My history:

Basically, I started thinning diffusely in my late 20's in the temple regions which then became a general thinning pattern all around the the top of my head. After age 31 or 32, it seemed to have stabilized and didn't progress much further. Last year was my first HT ever at age 39... now 40.

Although I feel like I could benefit from a second procedure, I can't say enough about how much of an improvement the first one made and definitely got my moneys worth. The hair all around has thickened up a lot and is growing in a good direction. The scar is very clean and barely noticeable whenever I buzz my hair to a #3. He recommended getting on Finasteride and Minoxidil at the time and I got rapid regrowth at around the 3rd and 4th month... even the 2nd month made a difference but maybe it had something to do with the fact that I'm a fast healer. The months beyond that progressed slower but has steadily improved and matured in a years time. Admittedly, I'm more consistent with taking finasteride than I am with minoxidil.

I'm in the proceedings right now of getting another HT this fall to touch up some areas and add even more density. I'm driving down to SD soon for another consultation with him.

Prior to my HT, I was using concealers such as Toppik (which works ok I guess) but it's messy and who wants to be a slave to that routine forever?? I use much less of it now than before but would eventually like to phase it out completely.

I'm surprized there are not others from him who posted about their experience ... except one other person who's new and has pending results.

Since I haven't seen many posts about Dr Reed on these forums, I though I should chime in. I just got a year under my belt from a HT with Dr Reed who transplanted just under 1900 grafts.

My history:

Basically, I started thinning diffusely in my late 20's in the temple regions which then became a general thinning pattern all around the the top of my head. After age 31 or 32, it seemed to have stabilized and didn't progress much further. Last year was my first HT ever at age 39... now 40.

Although I feel like I could benefit from a second procedure, I can't say enough about how much of an improvement the first one made and definitely got my moneys worth. The hair all around has thickened up a lot and is growing in a good direction. The scar is very clean and barely noticeable whenever I buzz my hair to a #3. He recommended getting on Finasteride and Minoxidil at the time and I got rapid regrowth at around the 3rd and 4th month... even the 2nd month made a difference but maybe it had something to do with the fact that I'm a fast healer. The months beyond that progressed slower but has steadily improved and matured in a years time. Admittedly, I'm more consistent with taking finasteride than I am with minoxidil.

I'm in the proceedings right now of getting another HT this fall to touch up some areas and add even more density. I'm driving down to SD soon for another consultation with him.

Prior to my HT, I was using concealers such as Toppik (which works ok I guess) but it's messy and who wants to be a slave to that routine forever?? I use much less of it now than before but would eventually like to phase it out completely.

I'm surprized there are not others from him who posted about their experience ... except one other person who's new and has pending results.

Zod, good to hear that your experience with Dr. Reed was a good one.

Yeah it seems some doctors post pics more than others & have hired people working for them to keep thier profiles highly visable on the forums.

Of course you half to add happy patients that post thier results to the mix.

Still, It is up to these doctors to get thier patient results on the forums.

And even though we don't see as much on here from Dr. Reed & even my Doctor, Alexander,

as Hasson & wong for example, doesn't mean they are not turning out great work.

Maybe you could post your 1 year results, that would be helpful.

There are always posters here looking for feedback on Dr. Reed who live in SO CAL.