sshock loss

hi this is rikky, i had a ht for 1300 grafts from doc Boden in MHR he transplanted all the hair on my front 1/3 though i had my crown little bald , i had a diffusing type of hair , i started laser comb from after one month of my ht till now , at present i lost most of my native hair on the 1/3 part where ht was done and some ht hair came up still i dosent look good, will the hair which i lost due to shock loss will ever come back its been 6 months now and is the hair which came is all that i got from ht . or can i still expect more, plzz advice my hair line is ok but from top i look bald. previously i had no hairline but my top was ok.

plzz advice,

hi this is rikky, i had a ht for 1300 grafts from doc Boden in MHR he transplanted all the hair on my front 1/3 though i had my crown little bald , i had a diffusing type of hair , i started laser comb from after one month of my ht till now , at present i lost most of my native hair on the 1/3 part where ht was done and some ht hair came up still i dosent look good, will the hair which i lost due to shock loss will ever come back its been 6 months now and is the hair which came is all that i got from ht . or can i still expect more, plzz advice my hair line is ok but from top i look bald. previously i had no hairline but my top was ok.

plzz advice,

rikky,

Do you have any pictures of your hair before surgery, immediately after surgery and now that you can post for us?

It is still possible that shocked hairs may grow back at 6 months post op, but this will depend on whether they have been temporarily or permanently shocked. Learn more about shock loss.

Bill

Hi

From that many grafts the shockloss should not be too bad but if you were not on propecia it might be a little worse as well. Also, we do not know the density performed which could jepordize native hair. I had procedures of 1400, 14117 and 2100 with little loss but again it varies. Time will tell so no sense in worrying

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Can you comment on the quality of the hair that you lost? Was it thin/wispy native hair? If so, the hairs might have been on their "last legs" anyhow. If the hair was strong, you may find that it comes back in time.

Remember, the fullness of your HT will likely improve in the coming months. So, one way or the other, your hair situation should get better.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.