had a hair transplant 5 months ago

i had a transplant 5 months ago...i still dont know if i had done the right thing. i had 2000+ graphs on my forehead due to a receding hairline, nothing done to the top or temples. at the time of the procedure i was told "boy we really loaded you up, youre gonna look great!" well, 5 months later all i have is sparse coverage at best, and do my best to hide what i had done... i will give it the rest of the winter to see what happens, wearing hoods and hats right now is the only way i will go out in public...but come spring time...what then...shave my head? is it too soon to worry about this, was i expecting too much? would love to hear from anyone who feels they are, (or were) in my situation. Thanks

i had a transplant 5 months ago...i still dont know if i had done the right thing. i had 2000+ graphs on my forehead due to a receding hairline, nothing done to the top or temples. at the time of the procedure i was told "boy we really loaded you up, youre gonna look great!" well, 5 months later all i have is sparse coverage at best, and do my best to hide what i had done... i will give it the rest of the winter to see what happens, wearing hoods and hats right now is the only way i will go out in public...but come spring time...what then...shave my head? is it too soon to worry about this, was i expecting too much? would love to hear from anyone who feels they are, (or were) in my situation. Thanks

i had the procedure done in erie pa, wont say the doc's name....i was supposed to go back for pictures a month ago, and am to ashamed...i know he will say...."you look good to me"...i used the transplant calculator i found using this site. i had the number 2 area done, with 2000 graphs.....way more than what the calculator calls for, for "appearance of full thickness".......so do i make a fuss or what? going through surgery again doenst sound so hot. i also still have a strong tingling sensation on the left side of my head where the incision was done....that hasnt gotten any better either.

Hi

It took me about 8 months to really see results. It's so gradual sometimes you do not realize the results... Give yourself time as it can take 12 months to see full results

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

With the amount of graphs I had done, and the sales pitch of having everything "packed right in there", I guess I never expected to have to wait 12 months.... I wouldn't be so worried about it if I saw new hairs coming in as the weeks go by, but after the intial shedding what came in is all I have, and the hairs are so spread apart that I can actually count them. When the scabs all came off, I was happy with anticipation of how things would be. After all, in the begining I litterally had a 5 o'clock shadow up there. Can the rest of all that still be dormant after 5 months? What makes it even harder is that I keep my hair long, trust me I dont look good with short hair. Anyway, everything that I have read from the other posters is all true....the redness, scabs, shedding, etc etc. I still have yet to see a post from anyone who says that they are happy with what they had done. The posts from people saying "well, I'm going back in for my third, forth, fifth transplant".....now THAT is discouraging.

Ummm...I'm happy with the work I had done 2 years ago icon_smile.gif I'd go in and see your doctor. With before and after photos it should be pretty obvious if there was a problem with growth. However, my experience was the same as ts808 and Mrjb where I had significant growth from the 5-8 month point with continued thickening to about the 14 month point. Hard to tell without seeing but I wouldn't be overly worried yet icon_smile.gif

I just posted my pics at 6-months with Dr. Keene in the album section. Everyone is different, and it is actually better that it takes its time coming in. No one seems to notice that I had anything done. I have to agree with you in that I had thoughts about a month and a half ago about whether or not I made the right choice to have this done. Getting over the "looking and waiting" period in the mirror was very hard and difficult because we all want to see results today..not wait a year. But as I took my 6-month pictures the other day, I really began to see the difference starting to take shape. My advice: Don't look or think about it. In about a month or two, compare pics and see the difference that you won't see if you look at it every day. And definitely talk to your doc.

Patience, Patience, Patience

I think you need to wait a year to see the majority of the results. As far as going back for 2nd , 3rd, and more procedures, it depends on your hair loss level and hair characteristics. Anyone who is a Norwood 5 or higher and thinks one procedure will give them a full head of hair is dreaming.. It takes time and a game plan to get to where you want to be.. Most people ( from my research ) need atleast 2 procedures with moderate hairloss from what I've seen .Take a look at the pics on here and see for yourself..Once again, it seems to depend on those factors

P.S. I am very happy with my first procedure. Just had my second and I should be all set

Total of 2890 grafts.. Yes, waiting does kind of suck but it's uphill from now on!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!