I am almost 8 weeks post-op. I have had a few pimple-like things appear in the recipient area. I have drained them, cleaned them with peroxide, and they go away after a few days. I called my doctor and he is giving me a prescription for an antibiotic. Does anyone know why I developed this problem 7 weeks after my ht? I followed his instructions closely.

I am almost 8 weeks post-op. I have had a few pimple-like things appear in the recipient area. I have drained them, cleaned them with peroxide, and they go away after a few days. I called my doctor and he is giving me a prescription for an antibiotic. Does anyone know why I developed this problem 7 weeks after my ht? I followed his instructions closely.

10 years out,

As Please Grow Please has stated...this is perfectly normal.

This simply means that there is activity underneath the scalp...yes, the follicles underneath the scalp are starting to grow.

I'd expect within a month or two the hairs will begin to surface, but expect these pimples to come on and off for the next few months. 8-12 weeks was the worst time for the pimples for me personally.

Rest easy friend.

Bill