to those of you that have kids..

How did you explain your HT to your children? I have a 3 year old and I can imagine the look on his face when I come home all scabby. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell him but 3 year olds are not too good at secrets, so I can throw that out the window. I don't think he'll freak out or anything, he'll just try to put a bunch of band-aids on my melon!This should be interesting.....

How did you explain your HT to your children? I have a 3 year old and I can imagine the look on his face when I come home all scabby. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell him but 3 year olds are not too good at secrets, so I can throw that out the window. I don't think he'll freak out or anything, he'll just try to put a bunch of band-aids on my melon!This should be interesting.....

thats a good one sharp! lol..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

My kids were pretty freaked and my 10 year old daughter begged me not to go back for another bcause she didn't want to see me in pain. Even though I told her it was fine and didn't hurt a bit but when they see the bruising and scabs they think that you are in major pain.

Now when they look at old pics and say that I look so much younger now.....that definitely makes it all worthwhile.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry folks, had to dig this one up.

I got home from my surgery trip late at night, so my son was asleep. When I woke him up the next morning & it went like this:

Me: "Daddy has a bo-bo".

Son: (Looking from the ground up before seeing my melon) "What happened"

Me: "The doctor had to fix my head"

Son: "Will it grow back?"

Me: "Yep. But we can't play Power Rangers karate fights for a couple of weeks"

Son: "OK, want me to get some band aids?"

bottom line: I spent more time worrying about how to explain it to him than he did even thinking about it.

try explaining to him that there's a good chance he'll have to go through the same thing when he's your age. Hopefully some hairloss genetical vaccine will be developed by then.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Sharp..Very Funny!

My last procedure was a none-issue because both of my kids are grown. After my previous one, back in 1989,I came home with a huge (brain surgery type) bandage on my head. My kids were 3 1/2 and 6 years at the time. They had been warned ahead of time. After seeing me, BOTH OF THEM ROARED WITH LAUGHTER!

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog