can any1 help please???????

i've just been 2 my second consultation for a ht (strip method)the first consult doc said that i could have 3000+ grafts done in a megasession as my donor area is fine my second consult doc said that my donor area is fine but the number of grafts i'd get is about 1500 -2200 and he calls this a megasession.he also said when i asked him about the diff that other docs say 3000 grafts but attain this by cutting the follicles up 2 make more grafts is he right? can the follicles which have 2 or 3 hairs b divided??is 2200 grafts the maximum that can b attained from the strip??i need some advice so i don't choose the wrong doc and i want 2 get the maximum grafts i can in 1 session so any advice would b much appreciated

i've just been 2 my second consultation for a ht (strip method)the first consult doc said that i could have 3000+ grafts done in a megasession as my donor area is fine my second consult doc said that my donor area is fine but the number of grafts i'd get is about 1500 -2200 and he calls this a megasession.he also said when i asked him about the diff that other docs say 3000 grafts but attain this by cutting the follicles up 2 make more grafts is he right? can the follicles which have 2 or 3 hairs b divided??is 2200 grafts the maximum that can b attained from the strip??i need some advice so i don't choose the wrong doc and i want 2 get the maximum grafts i can in 1 session so any advice would b much appreciated

Originally posted by sunny32155:

How many grafts you can get depends on your donor area and laxity. This board has a lot of knowledge on it. You should consider naming the doctors you are considering so you can get the most advice. I dont believe most doctors split grafts to get to their total graft numbers. Please research as much as you can before going fwd. Can you tell us your age? Would you consider posting some pictures?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

just 2 add i'm 31 and the docs i visited r in lahore pakistan the first doc i went 2 saying 3000 grafts is prof.dr.a.h.babar f.a.c.s (usa)and the second doc i visited saying 1500-2200 grafts is dr.azim jahangir khan f.a.a.d (usa) f.a.a.c.s(USA)f.a.s.d.s(USA)f.a.s.l.m.s(USA)does any1 know of these docs i've done some research and they seem 2 b the 2 most qualified in my area yet both have such diff opinions

Originally posted by sunny32155:

just 2 add i'm 31 and the docs i visited r in lahore pakistan the first doc i went 2 saying 3000 grafts is prof.dr.a.h.babar f.a.c.s (usa)and the second doc i visited saying 1500-2200 grafts is dr.azim jahangir khan f.a.a.d (usa) f.a.a.c.s(USA)f.a.s.d.s(USA)f.a.s.l.m.s(USA)does any1 know of these docs i've done some research and they seem 2 b the 2 most qualified in my area yet both have such diff opinions

I havent heard of those doctors. Most the doctors I know of are in Canada or the USA. Please consider posting your pictures. Do you have any idea what norwoood stage you are at? I hope you research a lot before moving fwd. Best of luck. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Sunny,

Welcome to our discussion forum. I encourage you to stick around this community and do some research. Asking direct questions is a tool to get you on your way, but be sure to do a lot of reading.

Though some surgeons may subdivide true follicular units (and yes this is possible and does happen), the majority of first-rate surgeons use true follicular units with minimal subdivision (typically done only to create additional singles for the hairline when needed). Some first-rate surgeons also believe in using mixed grafts in some patients in which multi unit grafts (MUGs) are mixed with follicular units. One of the suggested greatest benefits of this approach is that it may enhance the illusion of overall hair density. One of the potential problems is that there may be some potential that MUGs look unnatural. Leading surgeons in the field that occasionally use MUGs typically use double follicular units (DFUs) or rarely triple follicular units (TFUs) combined with follicular units in patients with lighter, finer hair.

I would say that leading surgeons in the field on average typically perform between 2500 and 3000 follicular unit grafts in a single session. This is definitely achievable in the average patient, and even more for the exceptional one. Patients with inadequate donor density or scalp elasticity may have to settle for smaller sessions.

Spend some time on this forum researching physicians and those known to do state of the art work.

I hope this helps you on your research.

Best wishes,

Bill

sunny, if you are in lahore pakistan, you may want to pay a visit to dr humayuns clinic in islamabad to see what they say. They have treated people, like shoaib akhter, imran khan and not to forget rana naveed. the dude had no hair - look at him now.