Hair regrowth question.

I have just started Propecia and have been using rogaine for a short time. My question is when hair regrows does it come in just like your other hair or does it come back in stages? Like first as peach fuzz, then a thinner lighter hair, and then the full normal hair.

Thans in advance for any help.

I have just started Propecia and have been using rogaine for a short time. My question is when hair regrows does it come in just like your other hair or does it come back in stages? Like first as peach fuzz, then a thinner lighter hair, and then the full normal hair.

Thans in advance for any help.

Hurley,

Hair follicles that have been damaged will start out by producing weaker vellus hairs and if the medication can reverse the damage, slowly but surely, they will produce thicker terminal hairs.

I know this is how it worked for me when I used Rogaine the first time. Of course I foolishly came off of it (about 8 years ago before I knew anything about hair loss except for that I was experiencing it), and when I restarted Rogaine, it wasn't effective.

The moral of the story is, if Propecia and Rogaine are working for you, stay on them or you will lose the benefit and hair loss may have progressed too far by the time you restart them.

Best wishes,

Bill