1000 FIT w/ Dr Rose

jrjr

First time posting. So I thought I would post about my FIT session with Dr Rose.

I had a 1000 FIT session over a 2 day period with Dr Rose 5 weeks ago. It was a great experience besides the fact that I thought I was a difficult patient ....(I have a low tolerence for pain so I had to have extra anesthesia throughout the procedure.)

Anyway, Dr Rose & his staff (esp Ms Terry) were very kind & made me feel very comfortable. I was expecting the worse but on the contrary, everything went very very well.

Its a little early to see any results. I assume given 5-6 months there should be some definite changes that can be seen.

I plan to go back & have another FIT session in about 8 months to get some more density.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

thanks

jeff

NW3-4A

1000 FIT grafts in hairline & midscalp

First time posting. So I thought I would post about my FIT session with Dr Rose.

I had a 1000 FIT session over a 2 day period with Dr Rose 5 weeks ago. It was a great experience besides the fact that I thought I was a difficult patient ....(I have a low tolerence for pain so I had to have extra anesthesia throughout the procedure.)

Anyway, Dr Rose & his staff (esp Ms Terry) were very kind & made me feel very comfortable. I was expecting the worse but on the contrary, everything went very very well.

Its a little early to see any results. I assume given 5-6 months there should be some definite changes that can be seen.

I plan to go back & have another FIT session in about 8 months to get some more density.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

thanks

jeff

NW3-4A

1000 FIT grafts in hairline & midscalp

Dr Rose worked with another Doctor at one time & they developed FIT. Since then they have gone their separate ways.

In addition to providing FIT, Dr Rose is still a proponent of the strip procedure. He is using a method of reducing the scarring associated with that type of procedure.

Personally, I just wanted to have the FIT performed. I wanted small sessions spread out over time. (so I can afford them)

For the first 500 or so grafts he charges a higher price. Then all the other grafts after that are $7.50 a graft. I was charged $11k for 1000 grafts. My next session of 1000 FIT should be around $7500.

You are right about that. But since I like to keep my hair short, I didnt want to run the risk of getting a noticable linear scar. I was also scared of the strip procedure itself.

Originally posted by sac95816:

For that price you could receive 3X as many strip.

Or get >2000 fue grafts from Dr.A icon_smile.gif

But thats the patient's prerogative.

So lets leave at that.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

Originally posted by jrjr:

Dr Rose worked with another Doctor at one time & they developed FIT. Since then they have gone their separate ways.

The other doctor you mention says that there are chances of hypopigmented scarring developing in the donor areas with FIT.

Did Dr. Rose use donor sealing method to rectify that?

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

Dr A? not sure where this doctors office is, but Dr Rose is a 4 hour car drive away for me. Proximity played a role as well in my decision.

Not sure if donor sealing was performed. I'm not even sure what that is

He did mention hypopigmentation as a possible outcome, but said it hasnt happened in any of his patients yet.

BTW, where on this website can I see pics of members HT work?

Sure, I'll post pics soon. Its only been almost 2 months since the procedure though, so I can't really see any results yet. That might be a biased statement on my part. But I will post pics soon. I already have my pre-HT pics, so I only need something to compare it to.

jrjr,

At 2 months post-op, you are looking at about another month or two before seeing things really take off. Kick back and relax, it'll be worth the wait. icon_smile.gif

If you have any questions on using the photo album to post your pics, let me know.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 6 months later...