Back from Toronto after 3,313 FUT with Dr Jones

I took a rookie attempt at posting a couple post op pics in the photo forum taken on Tuesday 6/24/03.

Here's the history in a nut shell. At 33 yoa I thinned to a NW 5 with thin crown coverage. I wanted to keep a natural widows peak and restore as much density in front and on top as possible in one pass, thus the choice of Strip over FUE.

I started out looking at MHR and Bosley until finding this site, and then hit the brakes hard. I researched several Drs from the list at HTN and began consults in person and via e-mail.

I greatly valued all the experiences shared here and find this forum to be the friendliest, especially to the choice of strip.

I'm happy to report that my decision came down to Dr Jones and two other VERY popular clinics recommended and favored here.

Once I knew I was going to pick between the three clinics and go throgh with the HT, I actually started all over in my research and matched my goals against each clinic's technique and style.

Thanks to direct correspondence with past patients of each clinic, I met here, I was able to select Dr Jones.

When I first started seeking HT consultations I never guessed that I would travel from AZ to Toronto for a HT. In the end the travel turned out the be the most painful part of the process, because the procedure was exactly as Dr Jones described and I am recovering well at home with no pain or discomfort.

My travel was a direct flight from PX to Toronto, 3.5 hrs, a 20 drive to the hotel, and a 3 minute trip to the clinic the next morning. Piece of cake!!

Dr Jones and his staff are so incredibly caring and considerate I felt silly being so nervous. From the video consults Dr J estimated 2,500 FU's to reconstruct my hairline and increase density on top. Thanks to a good scalp and good donor supply everyone was surprised when we finished with 3,313 FU's planted.

Don't be afraid to travel to match yourself up with the clinic of your choice. This is a large financial investment and permanent commitment that you can't afford to regret. Take your time and do your OWN research on the Drs who have been proven here, you are so much further ahead of the rest of the world that thinks hair mills are their only choice.

S.O.A.P.

I saw the pics, The work looks very good !

Happy growing

And...

Yes go ahead and buy that convertable for next summer!!!

NW icon_biggrin.gif