Hair transplant fixes?

RCB

I have read several accounts similar to and much worse than mine . When I started loosing my hair at the age of 20 (1987), I was totally freaked. My hairline was receding, so I started looking for answers, being young and dumb I of course found bosely medical. I let them do a procedure to repair my receding hairline. It is basically plugs that look like corn rows. It doesn't look natural. They told me I would have to recieve follow up procedures the "soften" the hairline, but I never went back. The hair they moved from the back to the front from the back of my head is of courser texture and doesnt look like it belongs there. My natural hair line has receded on behind the plugs. I need to do something.

What can be done to fix such a problem. At this point in my life I have come to accept the fact that I was born to be bald. I wouldn't mind wiping out the grafts with electrolosis, if the scars could be fixed with plastic surgery. I just really dont know what to do. I do know an older guy that has obviously had the same procedure . He is totally bald now, with those grafts remaining up front. I do not want to look like that.

Any suggestion from you guys what I can do?

I have read several accounts similar to and much worse than mine . When I started loosing my hair at the age of 20 (1987), I was totally freaked. My hairline was receding, so I started looking for answers, being young and dumb I of course found bosely medical. I let them do a procedure to repair my receding hairline. It is basically plugs that look like corn rows. It doesn't look natural. They told me I would have to recieve follow up procedures the "soften" the hairline, but I never went back. The hair they moved from the back to the front from the back of my head is of courser texture and doesnt look like it belongs there. My natural hair line has receded on behind the plugs. I need to do something.

What can be done to fix such a problem. At this point in my life I have come to accept the fact that I was born to be bald. I wouldn't mind wiping out the grafts with electrolosis, if the scars could be fixed with plastic surgery. I just really dont know what to do. I do know an older guy that has obviously had the same procedure . He is totally bald now, with those grafts remaining up front. I do not want to look like that.

Hi RCB, there are a number of ways to solve your problem, removal of grafts etc to be bald again, but why spend all that money getting to where you where before ie bald and unhappy.

I know that a bad ht is far worse than being bald in the first place and i understand why some people go down this route, i have lived with a bad ht for many years now.

Your situation sounds similar to mine, corn rows, pluggy look, which started off looking ok until my natural hair receeded and left me with just the unnatural pluggy hairline.

Take a look at my blog and my original post entitled 'My hair transplant history from uk to canada in 10 years'.

I felt this was the way to go for me personally, and at just over 3 months i am buzzing with excitement at having already lost most of my pluggy look.

Good luck and research all those options

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Originally posted by RCB:

Thanks for you input Garageland. I looked at you blog, it looks like you recieved a good job, and are very happy with it. I am glad for you, I can only imagine how you feel to have the botched transplant fixed.

I am to the point where being bald really doesnt bother me anymore. I am fine with it. I just want to go back and look like a natural baldie icon_smile.gif if it is possible.

The only thing that I have going for me is that I had this done before my hairline had receded to bad, so I dont have a huge mess on top of my head from Bosely. If the internet had only been availalbe in 1987, I might have known to not let Bosley touch me. I can remember how many grafts/plugs were done, it was around 900 I think. One small cluster on each side of the front of my head.

If I could have these grafts removed, and not have the obvious visible scarring from it. I would do it in a heart beat.

Dont get me wrong If they came out with a treatment that would regenerate my natural hairgrowth I would be on it. I just dont feel that is important enough to me to justify the monetary or time expense to pursue more transplants. Thanks for any and all info. This is not an easy subject to talk to people about.

FUE removal then have those grafts put into your scars in the donor area. Sorry but the best doc for this I don't think I can mention here for some reason maybe I'm wrong. Research here and then on the other forums and you will find this doc. He does FUE all day every day and he is not from Australia. He is in the U.S. Good luck and go get your head fixed up. Life is way too short than to live with an every day reminder of a mistake made as a young man that didn't know any better. It cost alot of money for repairs but you can't take money with you when your gone and there is no sense in living miserable. This world is miserable enough as it is sometimes let alone to be miserable yourself. Get repaired and feel good about yourself and don't blame yourself. These clinics are full of slick sales people that prey on bald guys' insecurities.