Dr Bernstein

kjp

I met with Dr. Bernstein yesterday to see if anything can be done with previous sessions i had bad results from other docters.

I just want to let people know how impressed i was with his knowledege and honesty in the hair transplant field.He spent plenty of time with me and spoke very frank and just really came across as a nice guy .

No matter that i did'nt not like what he had to tell me about donor hair left and his opinion's on other work i had done,He really came across as really caring and blasting the other docs that in my mind have did me a injustice.

I will be using him for my repair work and wish i would have found him 8 yrs ago.

I met with Dr. Bernstein yesterday to see if anything can be done with previous sessions i had bad results from other docters.

I just want to let people know how impressed i was with his knowledege and honesty in the hair transplant field.He spent plenty of time with me and spoke very frank and just really came across as a nice guy .

No matter that i did'nt not like what he had to tell me about donor hair left and his opinion's on other work i had done,He really came across as really caring and blasting the other docs that in my mind have did me a injustice.

I will be using him for my repair work and wish i would have found him 8 yrs ago.

Well he told me i did'nt have much donor hair left maybe 400 grafts. I had a total of four procedures done totalling 2,000 minni and micro's .Three procedures with Dr. Brandy in the early 90's that left me with a wide donor scar and a pluggy lower than it should be hairline. He also told me that the last transplant session i had done in 1998 by Dr. True might have been taken too high out of the sweet spot of the donor area which i found both opinions very upsetting.He recommended that i do nothing at all or remove maybe 20 to 30 thick graphs and replant them in my hairline to soften the appreance.Maybe after that he might be able to get 400 graphs and put them in the hairline.He was very honest and i felt comfortable with all the answers i received. I must say i am happy i found him. I just have to get up the nerve to do it. I don't have much to say about the other docters work that was done to me. It just makes me wonder how some of these doc's can sleep at nite when they make promises they cannot deliver and leave you scared.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wesley.

If i can ask how many plugs did you have removed? Were they in your hailine? How long do the stiches stay in and did you have to go to Bertien for removal? Ken

I had about 20 plugs removed from my crown. I had originally had them done in the 1970's when I was in my early 20's and still had very thick hair that was just starting to thin. The plugs caused alot of shock loss but I had so much hair that I was able to cover it for many years. Clearly, I should have never gotten it done. As my balding continued I lost most of my hair but the plugs continued to grow. My main goal was to get the plugs out but when I saw how far the technology had prgressed I decided to get 2,300 grafts along with the repair. The sutures on the repair were removed at 10 days post-op along with half the staples in the donor area and it was very obvious (to me especially)that something was done in my crown area. The skin where the plugs were removed was uneven and red when the sutures came out. I was returning to work the following day so I used a little of my wife's make-up to tone down the redness on the dots. The uneveness started to disipate very quickly and my crown at 3 weeks from suture removal is almost perfect as far as uneveness. There is still some redness where the plugs were but it is not a concern and is getting better each day. I only used the make-up for about a week. As far as going back to Bernstein for removal, Dr. Bernstein examined me and took some pictures but his staff took out the sutures, as well as the staples. I am about 200 miles from NYC but can take a train so it is not a big deal to get there. I also returned about 10 days after that to have the remaining staples removed---again Dr. Bernstein examined me but his staff did the work. I don't think it would be necessary to return to get the sutures removed if someone else is avialable close by. In fact on getting the remaining staples out I was considering just going to my regular doctor. I have read on this site that Bernstein is good at repairs and it appears that in my case everything is working out. As you know, alot of guys look very good with with very little hair if there is a symetry to their appearance. With my plugs I never felt right sitting in front of people because I had hair sprouting in a stange way from my crown even with it cut very short. I am very confident now that my crown will return to its pre-transplant days. Please let me know if you have additional questions and best of luck with your repair.