Side effects after 5 months???

22worried

Hi guys, im new in ur community..and i want ur help..I have been taking finasteride 1mg for 5 months and hadn't any problem at all!! But..the last 2 days I cant have an erection or if I can its very weak..Is this normal, to see side effects after 5 months of usage?? I'm only 22 years old and it drives me crazy..... ;(

Hi guys, im new in ur community..and i want ur help..I have been taking finasteride 1mg for 5 months and hadn't any problem at all!! But..the last 2 days I cant have an erection or if I can its very weak..Is this normal, to see side effects after 5 months of usage?? I'm only 22 years old and it drives me crazy..... ;(

22worried,

I would give it some time. 2 days is not enough to determine whether or not you are experiencing side effects from the medication or whether or not you have just been having a few "off" days.

Having "off" days can happen for a number of reasons and may not be related to the medication at all. Being overly stressed or tired can cause this. Additionally, anxiety, sadness, and depression can cause this to happen temporarily.

Personally speaking, I would give it some time beore I conclude the medication is doing it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks 4 answering Bill.

I dont know what to do..Im very sad its the second day I cant have an errection...On the other hand im afraid that if I stop finasteride i will not be able to stop my hairloss..maybe I could try something else?? I dont know.. I think I'll stop finasteride and rogain for 1 week to see if I ll be better..

What do you think??

22worried,

As I said above...IMO, I think stopping the medication would be a rash decision.

I think you are letting your anxiety impact your ability to have an erection right now. The mind is a powerful thing and can impact us physically in many ways.

Have you ever worried about something so much that you couldn't eat? I know I have. Does that mean that my body has decided that it doesn't want food anymore? Not at all. But I am preoccupied in my thoughts and those worries and anxieties impact my desire to eat.

IMO, don't make a decision right away. Try to relax, give it some time and concentrate on other things.

Above are just my opinions. There is no way for me to know whether or not you are experiencing a physical side effect from the medication. But the fact that you've been on it for 5 months without a problem and have only been experiencing a "problem" for 2 days leads me to believe that it's not related to Propecia. Consult a doctor however, for medical advice.

Best wishes,

Bill