Looking for HT docs in Atlanta

I am a new member and went through lot of threads in this group, which gave me the idea of the HT. I stay in Atlanta and I prefer to get HT done in Atlanta, I know most of you don't like to restrict to a specific area but I prefer to get it done in Atlanta.

As per the threads that I read in the forum, I think, Cole John and Griffin Edmond both has a good reputation. Are there any other HT docs in Atlanta or do you prefer one of these docs. Could you pl. suggest in taking the decision and I want to get it done in this month so can I get the appointment from these docs or do I need to wait for a longer periods for the consultation and operation.

Any Idea how much they charge for the HT and currently I don't have the Pictures of mine I will upload it shortly. For me I don't need much hair to be transplanted, as the area of bald ness is short. For me, bald ness is on forehead in the shape of ??M' similar to most of the men.

Can you suggest any insurance or any other financing agencies? For example the grafts needed to cover the bald ness in 1000 how much does it cost and other than these what else do I need to purchase or need to pay like (Anesthesia, post operation medicines etc.)

I will upload my pictures and continue my exp.

I am a new member and went through lot of threads in this group, which gave me the idea of the HT. I stay in Atlanta and I prefer to get HT done in Atlanta, I know most of you don't like to restrict to a specific area but I prefer to get it done in Atlanta.

As per the threads that I read in the forum, I think, Cole John and Griffin Edmond both has a good reputation. Are there any other HT docs in Atlanta or do you prefer one of these docs. Could you pl. suggest in taking the decision and I want to get it done in this month so can I get the appointment from these docs or do I need to wait for a longer periods for the consultation and operation.

Any Idea how much they charge for the HT and currently I don't have the Pictures of mine I will upload it shortly. For me I don't need much hair to be transplanted, as the area of bald ness is short. For me, bald ness is on forehead in the shape of ??M' similar to most of the men.

Can you suggest any insurance or any other financing agencies? For example the grafts needed to cover the bald ness in 1000 how much does it cost and other than these what else do I need to purchase or need to pay like (Anesthesia, post operation medicines etc.)

I will upload my pictures and continue my exp.

Sandy,

Welcome to our hair restoration forum community.

Dr. Griffin has an outstanding online reputation and provides state of the art ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation. I encourage you to use the find feature of our forum community to see what his hair transplant patients are saying.

You can also view his patient's hair transplant photos here.

Hair transplant costs vary however, the typical rate for follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT or strip surgery) is between $4-$5 per follicular unit graft. Many hair restoration physicians will discount each follicular unit graft after approximately 2000.

There are some options available for financing such as credit cards, personal loans, etc. For me, I used a credit card for all 3 of my hair transplants but also combined my third hair transplant surgery into my home equity loan that I pulled out partly for other purposes.

I'm sure other forum members will be able to recommend other financing options.

Bill

Thanks for the information and how about Dr Cole John?

Do I get the appointment in a short period?

Planning to get it done on 22nd Dec. I suppose that the best week so that I get a lot of holidays and no need to go to office up to 1st and by that time I should look normal.

What do you suggest?

Do these doctors do online consultation?

I am new to US and I don't have the credit history, so do you know any agency, which can offer me. (With ZERO credit history).

I appreciate your help and sorry for lots of questions. Bit nerves, as this is the first time.

Sandy,

Though Dr. Cole is hugely promoted on other online communities, I have reservation about his ethics and promotional tactics. Offline I have heard some pretty disturbing news that may or may not have come to light on other forums.

I strongly suggest considering other hair restoration physicians.

Bill

Sandy, How long have you been researching HTs? Judging by your post I'd say you're fairly new to all of this, so I must say that planning to get one by this Dec.22 is not a good idea. You need to consult with a few docs first and have a plan for future hairloss, especially if your balding is not that bad. You should also look into getting on meds first (propecia) and staying on them for at least 1 year before considering an HT. An HT is a life altering surgery and while it can be amazing it can also turn into a disaster. So make sure you do your homework first, and that begins with reading these forums and seeing as many docs/patients as possible.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Please don't scare me, The only reason I mentioned 22nd is I get a 10 days of off if not this year then I need to consider the same in next December.

Do med stop the hair fall or do they help in growing new hair. Mine is hereditary, no one can differentiate between my father and mine in baldness (just kidding), we both look same at fore head. I Started loosing my hair at the age of 18 and from past 2 years I don't see any change i.e no major hair fall in front and I have very thick hair in both sides, Top and at the back.

So you're just 20 years old and balding is hereditary? I'd say you are most likely not a good candidate for an HT. One thing to keep in mind is that you will likely need more HTs down the road once your hair recedes beyond the HT. Like I said, get on the meds for at least a year. They are known to regrow in younger guys. Then further down the road an HT might be in order....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Sandy,

hairthere is correct. If you are only 20 years of age and have been losing hair for only 2 years, you are most likely not a hair transplant candidate.

Your best bet is to get on hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine which is the best chance you have to combat future hair loss and regrow hair. Try these medications for at least a year (lest side effects) to see if they work for you. Consult with a doctor to learn about the benefits, risks, and limitation of these hair loss medications.

Best wishes,

Bill

In few threads I saw after 7 days the HT patients are going to doctor for removing the stitches. For FIT/FUT how the donor area is selected and

1. Do each graft is picked from the Donor area or 1 Inch of Donor area is cut and that is refined and spited into single Grafts and place is recipient area.

2. Where do I find the link for the pictures ??“ mainly I would like to see the donor area immediately after the operation.

Sandy, I hope you're asking just for education's sake. Seriously man, forget getting an HT right now and try the meds out...

Any ethical doctor isn't going to give you an HT anyway.