Bleachcola, Dont worry about wasting space, there is plenty of it here! icon_smile.gif

Mostly Doctors pay a fee to be part of these orginizations.

I don't know about the IAHRS but here at the hair transplant network the publisher "Pat"

screens all of the doctors before they become members.

Note, nobody but you can delete your post, to do this just go to the bottom right hand corner of your post & click on the eraser.

Then you can edit or delete your poat.

A very handy tool!

Bleach,

--------------

NOTE:

I've edited this post since I messed up my abbrevations. And YES, I do know the difference between the IAHRS and the ISHRS...just wasn't thinking!

--------------

I'm not certain, but I think the ability to delete our own posts may have been removed. I have no confirmation on that...just something I thought I remembered hearing awhile back.

Anyway...

Being a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons) doesn't mean anything in terms of quality as there is no quality control. All one needs to qualify to be a member is to be willing to pay a fee and have a medical license...that's it.

So this should be a warning to all. Being a member of a professional organization does NOT necessarily qualify a physician as a quality doctor.

The IAHRS, however is a bit different (International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons). I don't know exactly how quality of the physicians is measured, but I know there is some level of quality assurance.

Cheers,

Bill

I'm not certain, but I think the ability to delete our own posts may have been removed

Bill & bleachcola, Yes the delete post feature is still active.

Originally posted by Bill:

Being a member of the IAHRS (International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons) doesn't mean anything in terms of quality as there is no quality control. All one needs to qualify to be a member is to be willing to pay a fee and have a medical license...that's it.

Bill - I believe you are thinking about the ISHRS and not the IAHRS. The IAHRS does screen its members for quality (although in my opinion the coalition requirements are more stringent). The ISHRS is basically a directory. L. Lee Bosley is a member.

The IAHRS has alot of better doctors than the ISHRS but it is still a pay to play organisation.

I remember a few years back a young guy was messed up bad by an IAHRS doctor. By their code of conduct he should have been canned. He is still there.

The same doctor was also affiliated here was dumped in a minute by Pat.

So much for the credibility of these "official" sounding entities.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.