question about shockloss

Hey guys I have another question for you. After reading more posts I've been seeing the subject of shockloss come up a bit. Can you tell me exactly what this is and how likeable this is to occur? Is there a certain "something" done during the procedure that might make this more likely to happen?

Hey guys I have another question for you. After reading more posts I've been seeing the subject of shockloss come up a bit. Can you tell me exactly what this is and how likeable this is to occur? Is there a certain "something" done during the procedure that might make this more likely to happen?

Thanks for the feedback Spex and Bill,

If I may add, shockloss can also occur in the donor area. I have experienced shock loss all around my scalp directly below the donor scar and I am exactly 8 mos post op. The hair lost in this area has yet to grow back completely.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Hey Folica,

Things are going well, I think my hair is growing well though I can't really tell since I look at it every day. I have 7th month pics and will post once I take some 8 month pics. (Yesterday marked 8 months.)

Thanks for asking.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Hi HIGA,

I'm also 8 months post-op from Shapiro on 30 Oct 06. I have shock loss below my suture line of about 1/2 inch almost the entire length of the scar. I'm going to see Dr Ron in late July for an evaluation and probably have a scalp revision some time down the line.

I didn't know that shock loss can last this long. It's a good bet this look is permanent without proper intervention. Anyone else out there recover from severe donor area shock loss like this after several months?

HIGA, Sounds like you are coming along.

I am only 2mo's post & I check out my growth everyday too!

I see activity already but it is hard to see with the naked eye.

Patience!

Happy growing,