what is the expected recovery time of fue vs. strip

Ive had strip done, but the donor area is not what you need to be concerned about in terms of other people seeing because the strip incision will be hidden by hair.

The factor determining whether others can tell is your recipient (top). The recipent will be red and will be in varying stages of growth for the first 3-12 months.

If you have native hair to hide where the work is done, then you may be able to resume normal social activity in 2 weeks, strip or FUE.

If you have alot of work done in a previously bald area it may look unnatural until the hair grows in. This will be true of strip or fue.

I dont see much advantage of fue in this area unless you buzz your sides, the fue will be less detectable.

I concur with TheEmperor as this was indeed the case for me. I was good to go in slightly over two weeks thanks to native hair.

It is important to realize possible subsequent shock loss of the native hair could extend the 'detectable time' of recovery.

I am six weeks post-op and still hanging on to all of my native hair. The camoflauge is still there, but I know I am not out of the woods yet icon_wink.gif