Shock Loss At 4 Months?

Michael, Could you be a little more specific? I can tell you from experience, that I have two patches that I thought was shock loss but learned my scar stretched. Too much tissue was unsafely taken during the strip surgery. I'm not finding fault with the doctor; it's a guess in most cases on how much is just right.

Anyway, if the area of concern happened right away and feels smooth/slick it's likely a scar stretch but we also all know that shock loss does take some time to return. In some cases, far too long than we would like. Have you talked with your surgeon or email a pic of the area? They'd be in a better position to evaluate your situation than we could. I'd suggest you ring the doc and fire off a few pics to find an answer. Hope you're just a slow responder. Good luck.

Hi Dear.............i have gone through ur question.It seem to b a scar due to tight closur Usually happen in 2nd surgery to get more graft.In other word excessive strip is removed.Thid best best method to avoid this bad scar is to stricly follow double wedge closure, which prevent removal of wide strip which result in tight closure and finally bed scar

Michael,

What Dr. Ahamd has said can happen, but in my opinion, we don't have enough evidence to conclude that this is the case.

Pictures and a further description as suggested by "not so bad" will help our members give you a better idea as to what might be happening.

Keep in mind however, that 4 months is way too early to determine anything as the "shocked" hairs typically only start to grow around the same time as the transplanted hair.

But if you are concerned, consult with your hair transplant surgeon as well.

Best wishes,

Bill