Want surgery but LOTS of questions..help?

Well, I have done a little homework. I have contacted Nuhart, Bosley, and MHR to get some information. They ALL claim to be the best and ALL of the pictures they post look good. I would like for some REAL patients to respond and tell me where is the most affordable place? What physician do you recommend? How was the experience? I live in WV..close to Pittsburgh, Columbus OH, and Lexington KY, kinda in the middle of these cities. Any other advice would be most appreciated. I would like to get it done today..but I know a decision like this needs to be addressed with caution. Also, tell me what it cost you if its not too personal. I really would like to know what I am looking at cost wise. I am probably a 5.5 or maybe even a 6 on the hairloss scale. but have plenty in back and sides. thanks everyone.

Well, I have done a little homework. I have contacted Nuhart, Bosley, and MHR to get some information. They ALL claim to be the best and ALL of the pictures they post look good. I would like for some REAL patients to respond and tell me where is the most affordable place? What physician do you recommend? How was the experience? I live in WV..close to Pittsburgh, Columbus OH, and Lexington KY, kinda in the middle of these cities. Any other advice would be most appreciated. I would like to get it done today..but I know a decision like this needs to be addressed with caution. Also, tell me what it cost you if its not too personal. I really would like to know what I am looking at cost wise. I am probably a 5.5 or maybe even a 6 on the hairloss scale. but have plenty in back and sides. thanks everyone.

Whatever you do do not go to any of those clinics for a Hair Transplant. They have been complained alot on this forum. Have you heard of Dr. Haber? He is recommended by the creator of this forum. Haber is located in Cleveland. Im not too sure how far taht is from you.

Generally the top qualitiy doctors are as cheap or cheaper than the franchise operations. This is a serious operation you are considering that will affect the way you look for the rest of your life. While price is certainly important, it should not be the primary factor in your decision making. Expect to pay about $4 a graft. Some docs will go down to $3.50 per graft if it is a large session, i.e. 2000+

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• Administrators

Musicman,

Take your good time to look beneath all marketing hype before committing to a surgeon. Unfortunately the marketing for some clinics is far more advanced and refined than their actual surgery.

I do my best to suggest physicians with a proven track record of doing state of the art work.

But don't go soley on any one person or groups recommendation. I suggest entering the name of the physician or clinic you are considering into the "Find" feature on this site to search posts about them going back on this forum over 4 years. You can then email their patients directly. Some may even meet you in person.

Best wishes and "look before you leap", Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.