Finasteride!! lil help please

Today was my first day of taking Proscar. Ive searched the forums endlessly and information is sooo scattered its ridiculous. Now if all is right these are 5mg pills and I should split them into quarters which I did.

-Would cutting several of them up ahead of time affect the potency at all?

-And splitting these into quarters looks like taking a quarter a day will do close to nothing for me being how small they've become...?

-Lastly, is there a "best" time to take it? I heard at bed time cause testosterone levels are highest in morning etc etc...and info there?

Id gladly appreciate some knowledgeable advice, if any at all. Thanks alot guys icon_smile.gif

Today was my first day of taking Proscar. Ive searched the forums endlessly and information is sooo scattered its ridiculous. Now if all is right these are 5mg pills and I should split them into quarters which I did.

-Would cutting several of them up ahead of time affect the potency at all?

-And splitting these into quarters looks like taking a quarter a day will do close to nothing for me being how small they've become...?

-Lastly, is there a "best" time to take it? I heard at bed time cause testosterone levels are highest in morning etc etc...and info there?

Id gladly appreciate some knowledgeable advice, if any at all. Thanks alot guys icon_smile.gif

diamondlight,

I do not believe that cutting the pills ahead of time will not affect the potency of the pill.

I have heard rumors and projections that it is better to take finasteride in the morning - but I don't really know if that's true. I take it in the morning because it's most convenient for me to remember.

The size of the pill has no bearing on it's efficacy. 1mg (or more accurately 1.25mg) of finasteride is the same whether in a large or small tablet.

But if you'd like a larger substance, maybe you can suggest they come out with finasteride sandwiches and you can eat at your leisure icon_wink.gif.

Bill

Not sure how you correlate size with potency. One has nothing to do with the other. See other posts on here about these meds and dont panic so much. If you have searched these "forums endlessly" you should have seen this information right in front of you.

remember medicine has a "half life". They build up levels in the blood. taking them in the morning or evening have nothing to do with how they will work.

Originally posted by Bill:

diamondlight,

I do not believe that cutting the pills ahead of time will not affect the potency of the pill.

I have heard rumors and projections that it is better to take finasteride in the morning - but I don't really know if that's true. I take it in the morning because it's most convenient for me to remember.

The size of the pill has no bearing on it's efficacy. 1mg (or more accurately 1.25mg) of finasteride is the same whether in a large or small tablet.

But if you'd like a larger substance, maybe you can suggest they come out with finasteride sandwiches and you can eat at your leisure icon_wink.gif.

Bill

hey thanks Bill...kinda put things a little at ease. Its my first time dealing with this and was just a little off edge. I can honestly already notice a difference in my hairloss throughout the day subsiding as for the sandwiches I hope they come in tasty flavors ;p funny comment and finnari, lighten up dude