Someone else's donor hair?

I read research of some British doctor who implanted his hairs into his wifes arm. Lo and behold, male hairs grew from her arm. I was curious if anybody has ever heard of someone with virtually no family history of baldness giving donor hairs to someone else? Just curious because one of my really good friends who I talk about my hairloss to has the same kind of hair as me, just all of it, and no family history. ( we are both 21 )

I read research of some British doctor who implanted his hairs into his wifes arm. Lo and behold, male hairs grew from her arm. I was curious if anybody has ever heard of someone with virtually no family history of baldness giving donor hairs to someone else? Just curious because one of my really good friends who I talk about my hairloss to has the same kind of hair as me, just all of it, and no family history. ( we are both 21 )

Hi Ryan,

Not too sure about any new research but from what I know, donor hair from someone other than the recepient does not work as the body rejects it. The simple answer is that the skin is the first defense against anything foreign, so if it is not native the skin will reject it.

I'm not familiar with the latest research but I don't think a hair transplant will work when the donor is someone else, even family members.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

You are correct, human hair from one person will not grow on another person, as far as i was aware anyway. Unless of course you take anti rejection drugs like you have too for any transplant..

I am not a doctor though, or at the cutting edge, but thats what I believed.

Big T