Symptoms

YoungDude

is it common to feel like your hair is falling out? At times, I feel a tingling/fizzy sensation in the areas where hair loss is occuring? This bothers me big time. I really would like to know that I'm not alone on this and that there is still hope.

Thanks

YoungDude

is it common to feel like your hair is falling out? At times, I feel a tingling/fizzy sensation in the areas where hair loss is occuring? This bothers me big time. I really would like to know that I'm not alone on this and that there is still hope.

Thanks

YoungDude

one of my friends that i openly talk about hairloss with told me his head would always itch a lot in the thinning areas. my hair would itch too in the thinning areas as well. not sure if it was coincidence or not but it sucked. i would even get little pimples along the edge of the thinning areas that i could see on my receding front hairline. when i started using nizorol shampoo and propecia it seemed to help, for me at least. my friend didnt use anything since he didnt seem to be bothered as much as i was by hair loss. my head doesnt itch as much anymore and my hair loss seems to have slowed down at least so im happy. everyone is different though so you never know.

In the begining when I started to loose hair the thinning areas where it all started also itched very much, so I belive there is something to it. But these days after the all shit started 4-5 years later it doesnt itch.

Hi

Oddly enough, before I had my HT's I went through a period when my scalp was burning and hair was coming out faster than normal.. It really sucked and I wasnt using anything different than before ? Never know what it was but it seemed to grow back ..It was very stressful

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 years later...

I found this topic by searching and wanted to start discussion again. I too noticed itching in the temple areas on my scalp, the only place I was thinning. This used to happen in my early-mid twenties. The hair loss was by no means profound, but was occurring. I too felt there was a connection with the itching. My itching, too, was helped by using nizoral, but obviously didn't cure the problem.

I have a theory and some people may be willing to try this out. Nizoral is basically an antifungal shampoo and if it helps you, it indicates you may have a systemic yeast (candida) problem that could contribute to your hair loss. I have it and have been treating it through a candida control diet, cutting out all foods that feed candida and and slowly killing it off. I've noticed the itching on the scalp has completely stopped since i've been on the program, and I never need nizoral anymore. I also moisturize my entire scalp regularly, nightly if possible, with a glycerine-based moisturizer. I doubt that helps with any yeast or fungus, but it soothes my scalp in any case. My scalp tends to be on the dry side as it is.

There are many symptoms associated with candidiasis, hair loss being one of them. If you are interested in reading more, check this yahoo group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/candidasupport/

Cheers,

Matt