I was wondering what the new transplanted hairs look like when they start growing in? Do they appear as peach fuzz at first?

I am now 6 1/2 weeks after surgery. I had plenty of ingrown hairs in the past few weeks and wondering what it will look like when I look in the mirror very closely when growth starts. I know I have a very long way to go. Just want to see when its time to start getting excited icon_smile.gif

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

I was wondering what the new transplanted hairs look like when they start growing in? Do they appear as peach fuzz at first?

I am now 6 1/2 weeks after surgery. I had plenty of ingrown hairs in the past few weeks and wondering what it will look like when I look in the mirror very closely when growth starts. I know I have a very long way to go. Just want to see when its time to start getting excited icon_smile.gif

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

They didn't seem to appear as peach fuzz for me. I simply had more & more hair gradually. I'm in month 4 now and I still don't see a difference day to day, but every few weeks I do. It's weird.

I would suggest you take monthly pics if you're not doing it already and you will be able to see a difference then. Give yourself until month 3-4 and you should notice things happening.

I didn't have any peach fuzz either. The hairs grew out normally as though they had been shaved - the only difference being that they sprouted at different times and didn't grow in evenly like shaved hair would.

I'm finding the same as YoungGuy - more and more hair gradually. My hair is filling in and I can't see the new hairs at short length through the existing hair, but if I run my fingertips acrss the area, I can feel short, bristly stubble.

Bayer

Hairfree,

Good to see you on the forums brother.

As you can tell by the mixed results, hair can grow in a few different ways. Most of the time, the hairs grow as peach fuzz, clear, than white, and then slowly become normal color, thickness, and texture. But some do grow as if it was buzzed and grow thick from the beginning.

Don't be discouraged if you don't see new growth even though you feel it (when that time comes)...it's normal.

6.5 weeks...you have awhile yet in the doldrums bro...try and be patient. You'll have hair before you know it icon_smile.gif

Bill

Hairfree,

I was one of the peach fuzz guys right after the 2 month mark. I seemed to have a few hairs that looked like regular hairs, but most of my recipient site (especially the middle to back of the site) was all fuzz.

Now, almost a month later (12 week mark), it's really starting to come in with longer hairs (but not very thick yet). I have to say, it's very exciting once you see it starting to come together. As you know, full results won't occur until 12-18 months.

Be patient and you'll probably see some noticeable changes in the next month or so.

Jersey

hey everyone this my first post and was kinda what i wanted to know, im from the uk and went to transmed in turkey to get 1310 grafts for the start of a receding hairline and a little on the temples. i asldo started to take avodart every other day. as expected most of my transplanted hairs but not all fell out around 2-3 weeks. had the op on march 5th and i felt the team working on me were very professional and skilled. at present, coming upto two months i have growth but its random and has no density yet, i was concerned cos on my temple area there are few hairs growing where the new hairline was meant to be but obviously no coverage to the receded hair line,but i am only in the first 3 months, i was told to try not to keep an eye on it as its like trying to watch grass grow, i will put some pictures up when i can and try and keep a record every month. Thanks to the forum which provided my information for my informed decision.

ayat,

Welcome to our community. I recommend that you post your experience and photos on your own thread so you'll get more responses. You can do this by going to "New" and then either "Discussion" or "photo album". Photo Album is the best choice if you want to post multiple photos in a single post.

Bill

Hi all

For me, the hairs just grow naturally and gradually appear to poke through. The difference is the texture ot the hair growing in is quite coarse and smooths out over time

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!