donor shockloss?

hi guys m on the 8th day mark now n my scabs on the recipient area r startin to break apart like happenes on a dry piece of land. what m concerned is thr seems to be no hair or grafts at all on the part which r broken apart.. its just plain skin. will i get growth in this area?

also about the donor area. will i get shockloss at the donor area? if so...will it grow back? n how long will it take?

i still feel the numbness on my head all the way to the bak. how long does this effect stay?

i would appreciate any comments n advice..

thxs

don

ps: tryin to add pics here bt d capacitys too small here so i uploaded on my album..sorry abt the blurry pics..will get better ones soon..http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153298

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

hi guys m on the 8th day mark now n my scabs on the recipient area r startin to break apart like happenes on a dry piece of land. what m concerned is thr seems to be no hair or grafts at all on the part which r broken apart.. its just plain skin. will i get growth in this area?

also about the donor area. will i get shockloss at the donor area? if so...will it grow back? n how long will it take?

i still feel the numbness on my head all the way to the bak. how long does this effect stay?

i would appreciate any comments n advice..

thxs

don

ps: tryin to add pics here bt d capacitys too small here so i uploaded on my album..sorry abt the blurry pics..will get better ones soon..http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153298

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

Hi D B

Shockloss and numbness are normal.. Time frames can vary but for me , the shockloss takes about 3 months to grow back ( normal hair growth timetable) and the overall numbness about 1 month or so .. I'm at 3 months post op on my 3rd HT and the scar is almost gone and everything is back to normal

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Don,

Nothing should be judged this early on...shockloss in both the receipient and donor area is very typical and happens to many. Just heal well and hang tight. Things that are uncommon, but you should watch for, would be signs of any infection, etc. In the event you see anything that looks infected either in the donor or recipient area, talk to your doc immediately. Otherwise, hang in there buddy...it's a hard, long, but lovely ride since the payoff is worth the cost.

Bill

hi guys...

thxs for the advice n info...nw jst waitin for the stitches to come off...will keep updatin my pics as the month roll...

what abt area whr the scabs r broken n thr seems to b no hair at all?? will i get growth thr? and

any suggestion hw to best keep off infections?

thxs

don

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

Hi Don,

I had a lot of donor area shock loss. I am now at month 4.5 post op and this has come back nicely.

I am a little concerned about the "cracking" you describe in the recipient area. Make sure that you have moisture in this area - this should encourage the scabs to fall off and promote healing.

To Bill's point, this is a bit of a long road but should be worth it. Hang in!

Bayer