Forehead reduction for an 18 year old.

Here's the deal, I have a high forehead of around 7-8cm and is considering the forehead reduction procedure done by a doctor in the US. I am a female 18 years of age wondering if there are any significant consequences to these actions. I take into consideration that a tissue expander may be needed as well.

Furthermore, I live in Canada and cannot find a doctor skilled in the surgery I am looking for and therefore must result in travelling to the States. I was wondering if, being a Canadian citizen, I must pay an extra fee.

Thank you for your time. Replies are greatly appreciated.

STOP STOP!

I do not know what goes into a forehead reduction but I am sure it is nothing easy and very dangerous..

You have one of the best doctors on here in Canada in Hasson & Wong. I do not know the deatails of your problem but you could always add hair instead of removing scalp which is much safer.

Post some pics for the people to judge

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb is right.

Stop dead in your tracks. H & W should be your choice. I dont like like the sound of a forehead reduction. Never heard such a thing. Can you post a link to the site that recommends such a drastic measure?

Tavia,

Welcome to our community.

I think careful research is in order here...

I don't know anything about forehead reduction, but if it's anything like scalp reduction, I'd stay away from it.

Also...has your forehead always been higher or is this something that has developed over time due to a medical condition or hair loss?

Hair transplantation to lower your hairline is worth considering, however...

You are 18 and female.

Though hair loss is less common in females, getting an HT at such a young age may not be advisable.

What's your family history of hair loss, especially with the females?

I look forward to your response.

Bill

In some cultures a high forehead on a female is a status symbal.It also attracts attention to the face.

DO NOT go forward. There are severe ramifications to surgical intevention.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Tavia,

Fees should not be worrying you, but rather is this the right thing? Feel free to PM me on the "fees" thing, as a Canadian with knowledge of the Canadian system as well as tax implications I can provide assistance.

Sounds very radical. Please post pics to let us see what is going on.

Bayer

Tavia,

Please slow down, you are considering a very radical surgery which will leave a scar, if your hair thins out it may become visible.

Only a top plastic surgeon should be considered for this procedure. There are nerves and muscles to deal with in the forehead which could be damaged by a un-qualified surgeon. If you must go thru with this proceed with caution and only seek out the best.

Also, could you bear to walk around with a tissue expander (balloon placed under the skin blown up which looks freakish) for some time and then the recovery time involved?

I have seen many beautiful women with high foreheads, keep a positive outlook, stay healthy and your natural beauty will shine thru!

NoBuzz

Tavia, I'm a 36-year-old woman who was also "blessed" with a little extra real estate up north, so I feel what you're talking about. Bug please reconsider surgery. It's a very radical step, particularly for someone so young. Your bone structure and facial balancing could still be incomplete. You might look different in a few more years when you completely finish growing.

My forehead is about 7 cm. The other two "thirds" of my face, though (brows to bottom of nose, bottom of nose to chin) each measure out at 6.5 cm, so the imbalance is quite small. If I had a full head of thick hair, I would be able to easily disguise it with bangs, but alas, I'm thinning in front at the temples, so bangs don't work for me.

This is very likely something that bothers nobody but you. But even if that's not the case, here are a few simple things to try first. I'd suggest keeping your hair on the longer side (at least chin length) as shorter hair will draw the eye upward toward the forehead. Having a good stylist cut in a thick fringe of bang, that could be worn straight down or swept to either side, will also help minimize the look of the forehead.

Also, go on imdb.com and search for images of all these gorgeous women who have "high" foreheads: Angelina Jolie, Helen Hunt, Tyra Banks (though she's covering it up these days with some really fake-looking wigs), Amber Valetta, Vivica A. Fox, Nicole Kidman, Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci...I could go on and on.

If you absolutely decide that your forehead is something you can't live with, go check out the work that Dr Jeffrey Epstein in Miami has done on hairline advancement. My personal opinion is that he makes too much of a "peak" on the temple points (in my opinion, that's a somewhat masculine look) but he seems to be getting acceptable density in the patients shown on his site. There's also a Dr. Kabaker (sp?) who has some results shown on this site of forehead reductions.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it if I were you. Take a close look at models in magazine, newspaper and TV ads...you'll find that many of them have high-ish foreheads.

At 18, you're finishing up some tough years anyway. Please be kind to yourself. God bless, honey.