What to do??

Royal_tiger

I had a follicular HT three weeks ago (10/15/02) that involved over 600 grafts in the frontal area.

Presently, I shower everyday and shampoo my hair with Neutrogena without rubbing the grafted area (where I just pat shampoo). My question is: How long should I wait before resuming normal shampooing i.e., rubbing the grafted area and blow drying my hair at warm setting?

Thanks!

I had a follicular HT three weeks ago (10/15/02) that involved over 600 grafts in the frontal area.

Presently, I shower everyday and shampoo my hair with Neutrogena without rubbing the grafted area (where I just pat shampoo). My question is: How long should I wait before resuming normal shampooing i.e., rubbing the grafted area and blow drying my hair at warm setting?

Thanks!

Dr. Feller,

Thanks for your guidance.

One quick question: Although it is too early to tell, in my grafted area there are short hairs (i.e., the transplanted ones) that are quite sparse. When I asked my surgeon (on follow-up visit) about it he said there are a lot of grafts that you don't see because they don't have hair sticking out. Is that a correct evaluation? I am concerned that the desnity of grafted hair may not be what I thought.

Thanks for your help, Dr. Feller!

Most of the transplanted hairs should fall out in the 2-6 weeks post-surgery. Some may not fall out at all, but this is not any sort of indication of the final regrowth. Most the hairs will have shed by around 6 weeks. Then comes the hardest part, waiting for them to start growing again. I'm about 4 months past my second surgery, and they're sprouting like crazy! Also,

it's important to try to remember that you will not see the final result until as much as a year after surgery.