HT on Discovery Channel

arfy

This Sunday February 10th, at 7:00 on Discovery, there is a re-broadcast of the show "Cosmetic Surgery Gone Wrong - The Risks of Plastic Surgery", which features a segment about HT. They talk with Dr. Bernstein, who repairs a guy who had poor results with non-FU grafts.

There is also a woman on the show who was horribly disfigured by a liposuction doctor, as well as another woman who was seriously scarred by an inexperienced doctor using a CO2 laser. This show portrays poor hair transplant work in the proper context. The typical HT industry excuse for bad hair transplants is that "patients have unrealistic expectations" or they "didn't do their homework". This is a load of rubbish, as this program realistically portrays bad Hair Transplants in the context of innocent people being seriously damaged by incompetent and unethical doctors.

The doctor who is trying to fix the woman burned by CO2 laser says something to the effect of "I used to see patients like this come in maybe once every few months. Now I see patients like her coming in every week. It's because you can get certified to use the CO2 laser by taking a weekend seminar, and these doctors don't know what they're doing."

Well, guess what OTHER medical procedure you can legally do, by taking a weekend seminar, in order to get certified? That's right, hair transplantation!

I've seen the show and it is an eye opener. It's on at 7:00 pm this Sunday night. Here's a link to Discovery, it looks like a "mini-marathon" of shows about cosmetic surgery, that evening. The show with Dr. Bernstein doing a repair is called "Cosmetic Surgery Gone Wrong":

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/schedule.jsp?dd=10&mm=02&yyyy=2002&channel=DSC

[This message was edited by arfy on February 07, 2002 at 03:56 PM.]

This Sunday February 10th, at 7:00 on Discovery, there is a re-broadcast of the show "Cosmetic Surgery Gone Wrong - The Risks of Plastic Surgery", which features a segment about HT. They talk with Dr. Bernstein, who repairs a guy who had poor results with non-FU grafts.

There is also a woman on the show who was horribly disfigured by a liposuction doctor, as well as another woman who was seriously scarred by an inexperienced doctor using a CO2 laser. This show portrays poor hair transplant work in the proper context. The typical HT industry excuse for bad hair transplants is that "patients have unrealistic expectations" or they "didn't do their homework". This is a load of rubbish, as this program realistically portrays bad Hair Transplants in the context of innocent people being seriously damaged by incompetent and unethical doctors.

The doctor who is trying to fix the woman burned by CO2 laser says something to the effect of "I used to see patients like this come in maybe once every few months. Now I see patients like her coming in every week. It's because you can get certified to use the CO2 laser by taking a weekend seminar, and these doctors don't know what they're doing."

Well, guess what OTHER medical procedure you can legally do, by taking a weekend seminar, in order to get certified? That's right, hair transplantation!

I've seen the show and it is an eye opener. It's on at 7:00 pm this Sunday night. Here's a link to Discovery, it looks like a "mini-marathon" of shows about cosmetic surgery, that evening. The show with Dr. Bernstein doing a repair is called "Cosmetic Surgery Gone Wrong":

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/schedule.jsp?dd=10&mm=02&yyyy=2002&channel=DSC

[This message was edited by arfy on February 07, 2002 at 03:56 PM.]

Just a quick electronic high five for your continued contribution to this site and it's

participants. You are a dedicated crusader of

information and it is appreciated.

Take Care