post op care!! pls advice guys!!

hi guys...am 5 days post op now with dr rahal n had a total of 2900 grafts..things r lookin great n healin good.still have the numbness over my scalp..

i wanted to know when can i start shampoiin my hair normaly like before..

when can i start combing my hair like before?

and whan can i sleep in my normal position ie-i tend to lay on my stomach..past week hve been layin on my back n sleep deprived..

dr rahal remommended baby shampoo for me..do i hve to use this all d time or can i swtich bak to my shampoo is-head n shoulders n if so when??

even after the scabs have fallen..do i still need to pour water slowly over the recipeitn area or can i start my normal wash??

i would appreciate any help and advice..

thxs very much...

don

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

hi guys...am 5 days post op now with dr rahal n had a total of 2900 grafts..things r lookin great n healin good.still have the numbness over my scalp..

i wanted to know when can i start shampoiin my hair normaly like before..

when can i start combing my hair like before?

and whan can i sleep in my normal position ie-i tend to lay on my stomach..past week hve been layin on my back n sleep deprived..

dr rahal remommended baby shampoo for me..do i hve to use this all d time or can i swtich bak to my shampoo is-head n shoulders n if so when??

even after the scabs have fallen..do i still need to pour water slowly over the recipeitn area or can i start my normal wash??

i would appreciate any help and advice..

thxs very much...

don

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

Don,

If you are going to comb any native hair, be careful not to touch the grafts with the comb until day 9 or until the scabs are gone (which ever comes later).

You can sleep however you are comfortable, but I'd still suggest sleeping slightly elevated. I also sleep on my stomach and by day 2 post op always start sleeping that way again. Just find a comfortable position for your head where the pillow is not touching the grafts. I haven't heard any cases where sleeping has knocked out any grafts...but always be careful.

I recommend staying away from any medicated shampoos including head and shoulders for about 2 weeks to a month.

Bill

shampoo carefully for another 6 or so days. the grafts become part of the scalp after 10 days. comb lightly for about two weeks, do not hit the grafts. also be very careful not to hit the donor area when combing. remember after ten days the grafts are in there really good. you can use any shampoo, but I would stay away from tar based shampoos. don't worry so much. if you lose a graft you will know it....they bleed like hell. good luck

thxs guys...will follow ur leads..will keep ya all informd abt my progress

man we all one big family here...makes me feel good that thres actually sum1 n summplace i can talk n ask for advice 24/7..its real great..

already started feelin alotta + vibe...hope it stays on foreva....

thxs

don

dr rahal

2900 gratfs

dr rahal

7th june 07

2900 grafts

1.25 finasteride daily

Keep the donor area clean as well. Do not let scabs form

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest wanthairs

Don.....

FYI, at week 3 I just started buzzing my hair down to a zero. I dont care if anyone sees the scar. Im keeping it this way until the hair starts growing hopefully soon.

I think Bayscholar makes a good point. It is always best to contact your docs office as there may be medical factors that the community overlooks that are obvious to your hair surgeon.

Again, you should get with your doc, but in my experience the answer to this questions is no. At this stage in the game water pressure is not going to dislodge a graft. You should able to wash your scalp without a problem and this will help to remove lingering scabs, dead skin, etc.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.