So SO SOOO nervous, confused, something....

none

History: I am 21, been on proscar for about 2 months, rogaine 5% on and off for about a year and a half. What am I posting for? I don't know whats going on. I look in the mirror one day, not only do I think my hair looks decent, I think it looks really full, perfect, a perfect head of hair. I look at my hair some other day, I feel totally balding. For example I had a lot of gel in my hair, washed it, but only spent like a minute under the sink, no time for a shower. Looked in the mirror, my whole top looked balding, I only have a minor problem in the crown and hair line, and those two parts looked even worse. I blow dry my hair, I am back to normal. One mirror I look great, another I look like crap(maybe due to lights being right above my head?) One day my girlfriend(who is a hair stylist and ALWAYS wants to play with my hair), asks me if I am balding, a few month later she tells me I have really thick hair. I am starting to think my problem isn't balding but rather I am nuts. Does anyone else think this? I know proscar takes more then 2 months to work, but I have seen nothing other then more sex drive and less shedding. Should I panic? Rogaine stareted growing hair on my temples in about a week, i expect the same from proscar? I am nuts, you think so? AH*)(!&@#)(*!@)!(@*#!@#*( icon_smile.gif

none

none

History: I am 21, been on proscar for about 2 months, rogaine 5% on and off for about a year and a half. What am I posting for? I don't know whats going on. I look in the mirror one day, not only do I think my hair looks decent, I think it looks really full, perfect, a perfect head of hair. I look at my hair some other day, I feel totally balding. For example I had a lot of gel in my hair, washed it, but only spent like a minute under the sink, no time for a shower. Looked in the mirror, my whole top looked balding, I only have a minor problem in the crown and hair line, and those two parts looked even worse. I blow dry my hair, I am back to normal. One mirror I look great, another I look like crap(maybe due to lights being right above my head?) One day my girlfriend(who is a hair stylist and ALWAYS wants to play with my hair), asks me if I am balding, a few month later she tells me I have really thick hair. I am starting to think my problem isn't balding but rather I am nuts. Does anyone else think this? I know proscar takes more then 2 months to work, but I have seen nothing other then more sex drive and less shedding. Should I panic? Rogaine stareted growing hair on my temples in about a week, i expect the same from proscar? I am nuts, you think so? AH*)(!&@#)(*!@)!(@*#!@#*( icon_smile.gif

none

none

Well, wet hair often appears thinner than dry hair, so that's not really a big deal in itself. However, the extreme mood/opinion swings between feeling you have "perfect" hair on some days and are rather bald on others seems a bit odd. Do you experience extreme mood/opinion swings with other things in your life too? Might be worth seeing someone about if you do. Anyway, if you are truly experiencing MPB hairloss, the Propecia/Proscar & Rogaine is the way to go.

trying2moveahead

Hopefully Proscar will work for you, and a year from now you will worry about your hair a whole lot less. Give Proscar plenty of time to work, a year or more.

Good luck!

You probably are at an early thinning stage where water or styling gel make any thinning more apparent.

Remember that most men can't even tell they have thinned until their density has diminished to 50 FU per cm/2.

Most likely you're not there yet and with Proscar you may hold on to what you have way longer than if you were not on it.

No I'm not crazy in any other ways. Gel acctually makes my hair fuller, provided I don't put it in when my hair is soaking wet. I am just freaking out, I do that from time to time.

none

none