Question about Dr. True and Dorin

mrkneed

Having not actually undergone surgery with either, but having seriously considered it, I'll offer this:

I personally felt more comfortable with Dr. True (who incidently was not the Dr. I was scheduled to work with) -- perhaps this is just because his work and patient feedback is much more visible online (and from what I've seen and heard, it is positive), which I place a premium on.

I would PM Mrjobi if you haven't already to talk to him about his positive experiences there, as he had three surgeries w/ Dr. True and is extremely satisfied. Youngsuccess is another poster who I am sure would be willing to offer you his feedback.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yup

Thumbs up for doctor True. I am one of the few on here who have had the same doc three times in a row.. As far as Dr. Dorin, seems like a great guy and was trained by True..

Look at their website for photos

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

If guilt by association is a deciding factor, I would say no to Dr. True. If you take a good look at his resume, he spent extensive time with Thomas/Elliot where he got his start. They had several midwest and east coast offices. You will find plenty of patients who received substandard work with this outfit. In fact in my own case they had the janitor place my grafts. A local investigative reporter, Pam Zekman did and expose on them. Eventually Thomas died and Elliott moved his operation to the west coast.

From all I've read, True distanced himself from Elliot long ago; and has updated his methods with the times.

Anyways, just read your blog....depressing, and I can only imagine....janitor placing your grafts....christ....I will say, though I know you have your reasons: be extremely cautious in who you are going to for your upcoming FUE session....there is so much deceit and hype in that sector....and in the wrong hands the trauma and results can be horrific. Just make sure the guy who is working on you is crystal-clear in his methods and has consistent results.

That a doctor butchered you (and others) in the past has zero bearing on whether a "doctor" will butcher you in the future.....not trying to pick you apart, just want you to receive the best that you can get.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanatopsis_awry

I agree with your points. I bring up True's past because it is a character issue. What kind of person would work for this type of outfit. Has he changed his views on right and wrong? If not, does it affect what he does, and who he hires. All valid questions to ask this doctor before having any work done.

I have also read some past posts that were very negative to GHI. I will confront them with this information, and expect them to answer it. I have plenty of time to change my mind, if necessary. Unfortunately the medical business is very corrupt and ht takes it to an even higher level.

There are some very good ht docs out there, but percentage wise it is extremely low.

Topcat,

I don't think it's fair to evaluate a physician based on their previous affiliations. It's also not fair to make assumptions for what we can't fully know.

Given your experience as posted in your blog however, I can see why you would be generally negative about the hair transplant industry. But let's be careful to stick to what we know and not make unfounded and deragatory remarks.

Dr. True has a number of satisfied patients and you can find them by using the "find" feature. One extremely impressive Dr. True patient is forum member "Glock08". See his hair loss weblog with photos and a video here.

Speak also to Mr. Jobi who had a couple of surgeries with him and is quite satisfied.

In addition, I had my second surgery with him and was happy with my results. I did select Dr. Hasson for my third surgery, not because I was dissatisfied but because I wanted the largest session possible for my third hair transplant.

Best wishes,

Bill

If the original poster had asked for only a positive response, I would not have replied. I also believe it is up to the prospective patient to either consider or discount past affiliations. I am not trying to bash the doctor, I am just stating a fact that might not be known. As a prospective patient I would like all available information good and bad.

I'm also happy to hear you had a good experience.