Question for Pat about NIDO at ISHRS conferance

Timetested

Pat, you attended the recent ISHRS conferance. I understand that Dr. Shiells did a presentation on the NIDO process of artificial hair implantation. Could you comment on this procedure and could you have Dr. Knudsen comment on this process.

Do you know if the NIDO artificial implant procedure is available in Australia? There is also an artificial implant process from Italy and you can view this procedure at www.biofibre.com

Was the Biofibre procedure presented at the ISHRS conferance this year.

Please advise,

Timetested

Timetested

It says it can be removed with "no lasting scars". I didn't know there was such a thing as a temporary scar.

Every surgical procedure results in some type of scar. It appears that they are surgically "anchoring" the filaments. How can that NOT create a scar?

• Administrators

Timetested,

The short answer is yes I saw the artifical hair fiber hair transplants and I was not at all impressed. In my opinion the results did not look natural.

In addition, these artifical fiber transplants have a notorious history of serious infection, scarring and pain. Of course, those advocating for it are claiming that their process and fibers are now improved. But fundmentally they seem to be the same concept - anchoring (like hooks) artificial fibers in the scalp tissue.

Many hair transplant surgeons, especially those from Italy, were not happy to see it given any serious consideration at the meeting. But in the interest of open discussion and free speech they allowed it on the agenda for discussion.

My sense is that most hair transplant surgeons were very unimpressed and would not go near it. I suggest you do the same.

Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.