Taking the plunge!!!

New member here and I have almost decided to take the plunge. I have done a good amount of research and have 99% decided to go with Dr. Charles in Boca. I just have that last 1% that is holding me back. I'm not questioning having it done. I'm questioning my research on the doctors. I have been all over this site and have really not found anything negative on any of the doctors I looked at. I'm sure these doctors are as good as everybody is posting but I have that 1% in the back of my head. Dr. Charles called me on a Friday night at 8 pm which I was impressed with. Sat on the phone with him for about a 1/2 very educational to say the least. I am not in FL to do a face to face with him but I feel pretty comfortable with the phone conversation. The natural look is very important to me. I guess what I'm looking for is to make sure that I'd didn't miss any negative feedback on Dr. Charles. Seems like he highly regarded on this site. Pat, I was wondering if you knew the date of the Coalition Weekend Live Surgery Workshop that Dr Charles is hosting in February. Anyways thanks for listening and any feedback is grealt appreciated.

New member here and I have almost decided to take the plunge. I have done a good amount of research and have 99% decided to go with Dr. Charles in Boca. I just have that last 1% that is holding me back. I'm not questioning having it done. I'm questioning my research on the doctors. I have been all over this site and have really not found anything negative on any of the doctors I looked at. I'm sure these doctors are as good as everybody is posting but I have that 1% in the back of my head. Dr. Charles called me on a Friday night at 8 pm which I was impressed with. Sat on the phone with him for about a 1/2 very educational to say the least. I am not in FL to do a face to face with him but I feel pretty comfortable with the phone conversation. The natural look is very important to me. I guess what I'm looking for is to make sure that I'd didn't miss any negative feedback on Dr. Charles. Seems like he highly regarded on this site. Pat, I was wondering if you knew the date of the Coalition Weekend Live Surgery Workshop that Dr Charles is hosting in February. Anyways thanks for listening and any feedback is grealt appreciated.

Gator---

I have only read good things about Dr. Charles Gator. I have also read that his manner is quite pleasant and likeable. In addition to that, I have not heard any negative feedback about any of his patients anywhere. I think he is rapidly ascending to "top doc" status, as many of his philosophies mirror his mentor, Ron Shapiro. You would be hard pressed to find many better HT Doc's in my estimation.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Gator,

Sounds like you have done your homework. Good job.

I'm the type of person (perfectionist) that wants all the information before making a decision...especially big ones like this. As a result I tend to procrastinate and delay longer than is good for me.

In the end, we can never really know all the variables and it eventually it comes down to doing it and adjusting as we go along. For me, I try to get as much good info to give me a 70%-80% good picture then jump in and make adjustments as I move forward.

Even under the best of circumstances, things can happen.

You have plenty of time, no hurry, time is on your side, just don't let paralysis by analysis and over thinking get you like it gets me sometimes. It is a big decision and a big step of faith. Not to mention $$$$.

Especially those weeks after I put down the deposit and committed to the procedure, my mind kept wondering if I did the right thing.

I lucked out and met a few comrades-in-arms who had the same procedure done around the same time and it was encouraging to talk with them. It would be great if you could find a couple of guys who used your doc or are having the procedure around the same time to email and talk to.

I've always wondered what a hair transplant (HT) would be like and it took me 4+ years to take the leap of faith. I just had my first HT this week and it feels GREAT to be on this side of the decision. Like you, I researched the docs, picked a good one, everything went smoothly, and it is really cool to have hair...still hard to believe. The fun of watching grow it over time is just beginning.

Best wishes and keep us posted on your progress.

Gator,

I have been reading and posting on various forums for about two or three years now and I have not read anything remotely negative about Dr. Charles. He seems to be a class act. Besides, he's affiliated with Dr. Ron Shapiro. I don't believe Ron Shapiro would be affiliated with a doctor who did sub-par work. Best of luck with your procedure.

GuitarPlayer

Originally posted by Gator:

Gator,

It sounds like you are carefully planning your decision, which is great. Research is imperative. Dr. Charles is an extremely talented physician that cares a great deal for his patients. Whatever your decision, remember to make an objective decision and not an emotional one. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Dr. Charles will be hosting the surgery workshop on Feb. 4th.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog