Going for it ..less than 4 weeks to go

Wish me luck..HT #2...the first one was with Dr. Victor Loria back in 2000...minimal results with mini/micro grafts in the front 1/3 of my head. Honestly I cant say it was worth the $5000 I paid and dont think I even got the 1500 or so grafts he claimed to insert so I'm hoping Dr.Feller will be able to recontruct my hairline naturally and with some density. Were shooting for 2500 but I think I would like to get more if possible..I will create a blog with some pics. Also, I'm going to try and document how or even if I can conceal a hair transplant within two weeks of going back to work. I cant take off more than this and cant wear a hat so I'm hoping I will be able to somehow hide it with some Dermatch, Prothik, and or Toppik. Regardless if I can or not I will show you guys how it looks before going back to work with some concealers. This seems to be a major concern with getting your recipient site shaved however I dont see a lot of people showing how it might look once you try and mask it. Just how it looks plain after a few weeks.

Yes I know they shave the recipient site..thats why I'm mentioning using concealers. I'm taking off two weeks from work. What I'm planning on doing is before returning to work buzzin the sides and back with a number 3..then maybe have the barber blend it in with the top. For the scar section I'm going to try and use dermatch to cover it up. The rest I'm going to experiment. Is it going to work? I dont know and would probably say no but I will try and will post pictures to show how it looks. If there is no chance ii hiding it then I will just come clean...like you say. However I have seen some 2 week post op pics and depending on how and how fast the top heals it might be possible, specially if my front previous transplanted hair grows back and not much is lost due to shock loss. I guess time will tell.

Originally posted by Orion:

Is it going to work? QUOTE]

I was in the same boat, 2 weeks off work and no option of a hat when I went back. I was able to pull it off without anyone noticing. The dermmatch was a lifesaver. Without it I wasn't able to cover the scar and my hair was a lot longer than a #3. I did have a lot of shockloss in the donor area so that was to blame. With the dermmatch no one said anything except for a few "haha you're bald" comments. You may want to reconsider a #3 I think that would be too short at least it was for me. You'll be ok though everyone thinks you just got a real short cut and after being gone for 2 weeks it's not quite as much a shocker then if you shaved your head one night and went in the next day.

Length was from a #1-#3 with a ridge around the scar of about an inch. It didn't blend very well into the top and you could see cut lines but the dermmatch helped smooth it out somewhat. I used the dermatch all over the top and still do but I'm hoping to be able to ditch it in a month or 2. I'm nervous to do this because it makes the hair darker and I think people might notice if I just stopped using it one day.