5 month update (1,604)

I'm 5 months post op now and more grafts have sprouted and seem to be sprouting now. It took a while, but things are beginning to happen. I'll post some pictures in a little bit, though I'm not sure how good the quality will be.

I just hope that what is there thickens in shaft diameter over the course of the next 5-7 months.

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg Heavy flash

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

n9302560_32379676_9241.jpg

Maybe I should have stayed with the shaved head...THIS SUCKS.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm 5 months post op now and more grafts have sprouted and seem to be sprouting now. It took a while, but things are beginning to happen. I'll post some pictures in a little bit, though I'm not sure how good the quality will be.

I just hope that what is there thickens in shaft diameter over the course of the next 5-7 months.

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg Heavy flash

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

n9302560_32379676_9241.jpg

Maybe I should have stayed with the shaved head...THIS SUCKS.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

dhuge I would hangon for another couple of months as I am hearing that a lot of people experience a dramatic difference between 6-8 months.

I hope that from now on in you are doing everything you can to hang on and possibly regrow your existing hair. Because you are young you have the best chance to regrow some hair with meds.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by JakeVig:

dhuge I would hangon for another couple of months as I am hearing that a lot of people experience a dramatic difference between 6-8 months.

I hope that from now on in you are doing everything you can to hang on and possibly regrow your existing hair. Because you are young you have the best chance to regrow some hair with meds.

I haven't missed a Propecia dose in 142 straight days. I hope it works to regrow the hair further back in the midscalp/crown areas. I also use Nizoral 3-4 times a week.

My pre op pics are on the hairloss weblogs page, found here: http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=69

It's notable that the first picture (topdown without flash), shows the shadow of where the hair is growing at the temple areas, where there was nothing before.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I can remeber you posting and you didnt want to take anyones advise, you were very arrogant, it seems you have humbled yourself now and are open minded to other people feedback. I think you will need another session of 3000+ and fill in where its thin from ht number 1. And this time I would reccomend you check out some of the recommended Drs on this site. also they say we can expireince new growth all the way upto a year so hang on and watch untill then, meanwhile y0u could start to research your next move by interviewing other docs, just my opinion.

Originally posted by troy:

I can remeber you posting and you didnt want to take anyones advise, you were very arrogant, it seems you have humbled yourself now and are open minded to other people feedback. I think you will need another session of 3000+ and fill in where its thin from ht number 1. And this time I would reccomend you check out some of the recommended Drs on this site. also they say we can expireince new growth all the way upto a year so hang on and watch untill then, meanwhile y0u could start to research your next move by interviewing other docs, just my opinion.

I'm way ahead of you there. I have a consultation with Dr. Feller on the 21st.

Also, mind your words please, considering I was not arrogant but more than naive about this process. Luckily, I still made out with an above average HT, in my opinion.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

dhuge67,

Im glad you are taking positive steps forward with Feller. Im not going to argue with you about past posts. Being naive would be going through with a HT and not knowing any better, but when everyone tries to give conflicting advice as your HT game plan and you still go forward, well you cant blame it on being niave. I do feel you have a lot ot offer this comunity from your expirience, not that it was a bad one, or even a bad Dr, but knowing what you know now it would have probally been a different plan and people can learn from your gained wisdom. I will be curious how your consultation goes with Feller and what he recommends, please keep us posted. Thanks

I would wait until at least a year before you get another consultation. You don't know the full outcome of your first procedure yet. There's still a lot to come in. Some people are slow sprouters, they don't take off until about 5 months. You might see a huge difference in 2-3 months. Hang in there.

dhuge,

I have similar hairloss to yours at 27 years of age. I am taking all the meds that I think will prove beneficial to combat future hairloss which includes: Avodart, Minoxidil, Nizoral, Nioxin, Multi vitamins and copper pepptides to minimize the minoxidil itch. I think this is the most effective regime after the research I have done. Note: I have tried Minoxidil many years ago but have had no success but after trying it again I believe it is more effective when you use it in combination with Nizoral and Propecia/Avodart as for the first time I am seeing some signs of regrowth. I have only started taking Avodart so I cannot vouch for its efficacy yet but having seen Roberts results I am hoping for the best: http://www.iregrewmyhair.com.

I hope you find a regime that works best for you, although only being 5 months out I am estimating that you only have 40-50% of the overall cosmetic result of your 1600+ grafts, so it still looks like you have happier times ahead. Hang in there and keep us updated on your progress.

I also believe hair multiplication and/or gene thereapy is also just around the corner (i.e. 5+ years or so). So the future looks bright.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by marino450:

Arent you supposed to wait a yr b4 having another transplant....

Yeah, but it's good to hear what an expert says about your future, so that when the times comes, I'll know what to do.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

dhuge what did feller say?

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

Originally posted by Beefy:

dhuge what did feller say?

I have the consult on the 21st. I'll let you all know, though...

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

oh ok, well good luck, feller is a cool dude down to earth easy going.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"