Aurofina-1 legitimate?

Ajen

All,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I recently brought generic Propecia from Horizon Drugs website. A drug called Aurofina-1 arrived, that does say finasteride 1mg on the packet, however I cannot find a single other reference to Aurofina-1 on the internet; strange. It seems the normal generic Propecia that people get is called finpecia so I am surprised it is not that. Can anyone help, is this legitimate or have I been ripped off?

Kind regards,

Ajen

Ajen,

I too can't find any information on this, at least not in English. The information I did find in Spanish, I used Babelfish to translate but still didn't see anything substantial that could validate this. You might want to consider contacting the company or talking to your physician about this.

Otherwise, I'd consider getting a prescription for Proscar, splitting the pill into quarters and taking 1/4 pill a day which is similar to taking Propecia. This is what I do and is much more cost effective.

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have also bought aurofin-1. I did buy it over the internet and it was merchandised as most effective. However I have not received any documentation of this drug. Just 9 strips with each 10 pills on it. Enough for 3 months. However I'm now afraid of taking these pills because the way i recevied them. They where in an envelope with a post mark of the republic of Seychelles on it. Nothing else but a stamp on the back of the envelope with Gerrit Heimerle a po box and the city Victoria. HAs anyone been tripped into this as well? I find it odd to say the least. Please help I've paid a lot of money for these pills.

• 3 weeks later...

Regards,

I am responding to your recent inquiry... I also have received Aurofina-1 with the same unique packaging despite my prescription from my doctor forwarded.. I just received it today and I was wondering your results and or any responses thus far?

Thank you,

CaZ

Hi, I just had a similar experience. I ordered two 90 day supplies of propecia and received 90 tablets of Aurofina-1. Can anyone explain what this is? I wanted to get away from the high cost of propecia, but I feel like a fool now.

Thanks, Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, to all those who have had bad experience with the generic known as Aurofina-1, i have done some research, and found what claims to be the certificate of analysis. I have attached an image of the COA.

The Manufacturing company appears to be a company named Aurochem laboratories, the research i have done on their webpages does not lead to any evidence that they manufacture aurofina-1 although on one of their two webpages states they produce finasrteride but does not state any name which it is sold under.

http://www.aurochemlaboratories.com/ This site states thaat it manufactures finasteride but has no product name: aka it doesn't mention whether it is aurofina or not

http://www.aurochemlabs.com/ This site has no mention of the production of finasteride at all

Both of the above sites I tried to contact but received message failure errors.

My recommendation is to contact your suppliers, after doing some of your own research into this see what they say, as they may distribute more than one generic and if you are fortunate enough they may resend you, from a known generic that they may also offer.

Please can someone tell me what they thought of the information I supplied. Does the COA and the websites link or look legitimate.

Please inform me. Thanks and best of luck in resolving this.

COA_-__Finasteride_1mg.jpg.08d6d96bfa6504a5ee4dbb43656f2b54.jpg

I received this from generics4all. After taking it for about two weeks, my hair loss resumed in force. I was on Propecia for about 6 years, and my hair was stable. After going back and forth with the support from generics4all, I am convinced that this is a sham operation. I stopped taking these pills. Also has anyone noticed that the pills have a very odd odor which Propecia does not?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I, too, have just received loose strips of Aurifina1 tablets in the mail, from Seychelles. I am now sceptical, whether these tablets actually contain finasteride or something that does not work. I have ordered 180 tablets or 6 months supply. Should I throw them out and see a doctor, or start using them and hope for the best?

Spiro

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

After doing my own research I now seem to believe that Aurofina-1 is OK.

Like most people, I have been taking Propecia, which is a great product, but is quite expensive so I looked for a cheaper alternative.

I bought some ??generic Propecia' from Generic4all (website removed) and once it arrived, noticed the brand name Aurofina-1, so decided to do some research on it.

The only thing I could find on the topic was this forum, as well as another forum (http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=78823&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=) - with most people quite uncertain/nervous about the product.

So I sent an email to the FDA, to Generic4all and to Aurochem Labortories (who make Aurofina-1) just to see what information came back.

From the FDA:

Dear ??my name',

Thank you for writing to the Division of Drug Information in the Center

for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER).

Please note that the FDA can only provide information on approved drug

product applications marketed in the U.S. We have no listing for such a

product. The two approved products available on the U.S. market is

Propecia by Merck and its generic equivalent product, Finasteride by Dr.

Reddy's Lab Inc. For the U.S. approved listings, please go to drugs@fda

site at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/...rugsatfda/index.cfm,

enter the product name and follow the instructions. Different countries

approve drug products by different firms. Please contact the

regulatory agency of the country in which the product has been approved

for assistance on this matter.

Best regards,

Division of Drug Information LL

Center for Drug Evaluation and Research

Food and Drug Administration

Essentially the FDA can only comment on FDA approved drugs in the USA, so this didn't provide much information.

From Generic4all:

Dear ??my name',

Thank you for ordering with Generic4All.

May I start by saying that we take our clients very seriously and I will personally make sure you will receive the best service.

I would also like to point out that, although there are many cheaper versions of generic drugs available, we still choose to offer only the best Generic Propecia, which is manufactured by Aurochem Lab or Cipla, depending on Availability or shipping location, and is well known and recognized with FDA approval for its facilities and mutual manufacturing agreements.

The generic Finasteride 1Mg you received is identical to Propecia.

Finasteride

Aurochem Lab

Aurofina-1

We can also provide COA (Certificate of Analysis) for the drug you ordered.

Each batch manufactured for Generic4All receives a COA (actual certificate) from a third party, independent from both Generic4All and the manufacturer.

If for some reason you are not happy with your order we can send you again the very same drug from a totally different manufacturer.

We have opened a support ticket for your order and should you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Best Regards,

Carla David

-Generic4All Support Team-

(website removed)

Toll free number(number removed)

Generic4all gave me a standard response (they must give this response to everyone as its also posted on the other forum). Their above response & their website both confirm that the generic Propecia will be made by either Cipla (who produce Finpecia) or Aurochem Labs (which product Aurofina-1), so they are not hiding anything there.

Granted, there is much more information on Finpecia and you can purchase it from multiple sellers online. One of the sellers I found is (http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/hair-loss/finpecia.html). If you look at the picture on this site, and using some eye judgement, you will see that it looks exactly like the Aurofina-1 packet ??“ same size, shape, colour of writing etc. There is also some ??General Information about Finpecia' on that website that states why its produced in India, just like Aurofina-1 is.

From Aurochem Laboratories:

IT IS GENUINE PRODUCT

Thanking you,

Best Regards

Dipak Desai-Director (number removed)

Aurochem Laboratories(India) Pvt. Ltd.

333, Gundecha Industrial complex,

Akurli Road, Near Big Bazaar,

Kandivali(E), Mumbai-400101.INDIA

Tel : (telephone removed); Fax : (fax removed) Website : (website removed)

This is the contact person on the Aurochem website. Despite being only a 1 line response, it's positive.

So to summarise, personally I don't think this is a sham. Generic4all has a professional website, had good email communication after purchase, and the goods arrived within the stipulated timeframe. Aurochem Labs is a completely different entity, and I also don't believe they are a sham operation.

The Aurofina-1 (by Aurochem Labs) name doesn't have as much coverage as Finpecia (by Cipla), but both are made in India and look identical.

For anyone still concerned about Aurofina-1, then possibly purchase Finpecia on the next occasion.

I hope this helps everyone somewhat.

SW