Very worried about possible problem with Propecia ?

compaqpresariopc

I believe my hair shedding has picked up rapidly over the last 2 months (especially the last 2-3 weeks) and I am concerned it might be because I started on Propecia 1.5 months ago. I started using it for a thinning crown but the hair by the temples has receded and the hairs at the front and top are shedding pretty bad. Can anyone give me advice what to do ? Should I stop with Propecia ? Overall, in my estimation I have lost 1/6th thickness front and front-top in the last month. My hair was thinning out bad but it seems alot of these weaker hairs are just falling out in large numbers lately. Please help !!

(Note: I took Propecia 4 years ago for a year when my hair was much thicker, and didn't see considerable shedding like this)

I believe my hair shedding has picked up rapidly over the last 2 months (especially the last 2-3 weeks) and I am concerned it might be because I started on Propecia 1.5 months ago. I started using it for a thinning crown but the hair by the temples has receded and the hairs at the front and top are shedding pretty bad. Can anyone give me advice what to do ? Should I stop with Propecia ? Overall, in my estimation I have lost 1/6th thickness front and front-top in the last month. My hair was thinning out bad but it seems alot of these weaker hairs are just falling out in large numbers lately. Please help !!

(Note: I took Propecia 4 years ago for a year when my hair was much thicker, and didn't see considerable shedding like this)

Also, I went to Propecia website and it states it is only for the crown and not the temples/front top. So does this mean the weak hairs that are falling out front/front top are lost ? I am assuming Propecia is pushing them out for the new cycle like it is supposed to do for the crown, but if this is the case, are they lost forever ? because it is not meant to regrow anything but the crown area. Very worried !

All I can do is tell you that when I started finesteride/minox, I shed like MAD!! Front, temples, crown, the whole shebang! It was freaky!! But, all the hair came back after 3-4 months, and it looked better. I don't know if there was more hair or if it was just thicker or what. As for the crown/temple thing, that is where they tested it. I think finesteride is best at *regrowing* hair in the crown, if it is inclined to regrow hair for you at all. I think it is pretty good at holding and strengthening hair everywhere on the scalp though (again, if it is inclined to do so). My advice, stick with it. I know you have probably heard this, but the shedding is usually a good indicator. But, I too recall scurrying to the internet in search of info on drastic shedding, and I know it how alarming it is. I stuck with it, and it worked out well. If I were you I would stick with it. No sense quitting now, all you would get is the initial shed without even sticking it out to see if the drug works for you. JMO. - Stimpy

Posted October 15, 2008 04:34 AM

I have also heard that once you stop using it, then you go back to the state where you started form in other words, all the good work done is gone so you have to take it for the rest of your life... Am i correct, Please correct me if am wrong

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog