Why is this not working? Propecia........

Help. I am a bout to turn 28. My hair is receeding. I am probably aproaching a class 3. I am recceding at a fast rate on one side of my hairline only it seem the other side is much much thicker. I went to DR. Bernstein in NJ and he said I was not in need of any sugery at this time but was so quick with me I felt a little unsatisfied. well I have been on Propecia for 8 months today and my hairline is still receeding. Worse as of the past 2 months. I just started Rogaine again ( I stopeed when I started propecia.) as well as the propecia. I just picked up some T-Gel shampoo. Is this all a waste? I mean what happens if I stop now? I t just seems the past two weeks or so, all of a sudden It has gotten worse. suggestions? I almost feel the hairloss drugs and prducts have mad my loss worse.

Help. I am a bout to turn 28. My hair is receeding. I am probably aproaching a class 3. I am recceding at a fast rate on one side of my hairline only it seem the other side is much much thicker. I went to DR. Bernstein in NJ and he said I was not in need of any sugery at this time but was so quick with me I felt a little unsatisfied. well I have been on Propecia for 8 months today and my hairline is still receeding. Worse as of the past 2 months. I just started Rogaine again ( I stopeed when I started propecia.) as well as the propecia. I just picked up some T-Gel shampoo. Is this all a waste? I mean what happens if I stop now? I t just seems the past two weeks or so, all of a sudden It has gotten worse. suggestions? I almost feel the hairloss drugs and prducts have mad my loss worse.

• 8 months later...

Hey bro....i feel your pain. Im 25 and I am in the same boat as you. Been on propecia for about 9 monthes, more loss on one side, like you. My hairloss has also seemed to accelerate alot in the past few weeks, find 15-20 hairs on my hands when I shampoo, see hairs falling as I comb...I am totally bummed, but i dont know what else I can do. Thinking about getting some of that emu oil, give it a try...I dont know. But this really sucks.

My hair receeded on one side more than the other

at 28. I got an HT at 31 as by then I receeded and thinned. Propecia did thicken my crown. It was always stable, very light thinning. Propecia toke a year for me to really stabelize and regrow.

I also...I'm 28 - been on propecia for 2 months now...about to open up bottle 3 of my 3 months supply...I am facing it thinning especially in front and a bit as it moves back towards the crown...so it goes...dunno when the time for a transplant is though...dun wanna just do the front and then in 5 years go bald everywhere else and look ridiculous...I figure I may have to shave for a good three years soon...anyway, SUCKS...so if any of you learn anything - TELL ME...

No - that's basically the plan I would recommend, myself, Explore. Like Futzy said as well - if it's just hitting the very front, that doesn't warrant the risk just yet.

You've got the right idea, and the right angle icon_wink.gif.

<buzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzz>

Hi, I have also just started my 3rd month supply this week. I am actually a class 5A at age 23. I am hoping that propecia will atleast stop my hair loss, forget about regrowth at this point.

I am posting pictures every three month, just to see if its working for me or not.

http://www.tamilshow.com/myhair/

Thanks

WebPro

I also...I'm 28 - been on propecia for 2 months now...about to open up bottle 3 of my 3 months supply...I am facing it thinning especially in front and a bit as it moves back towards the crown...so it goes...dunno when the time for a transplant is though...dun wanna just do the front and then in 5 years go bald everywhere else and look ridiculous...I figure I may have to shave for a good three years soon...anyway, SUCKS...so if any of you learn anything - TELL ME...

Hi Webpro

I don't think you are a "5a", you have too much hair. You are more like a "potential 5a".

I'm not sure how I would categorize your level of loss, but anyway the Norwood scale is not perfect to begin with.

Hang in there...

arfy

Hey man - yeah, at 23, that's really rough...but perhaps you have learned to deal with it better...it seems though, based on what I have been reading her, that a hair transplnt may work for you because of the level of baldness you are at...dunno...have you looked into doctors?

Hi, I have also just started my 3rd month supply this week. I am actually a class 5A at age 23. I am hoping that propecia will atleast stop my hair loss, forget about regrowth at this point.

I am posting pictures every three month, just to see if its working for me or not.

Thanks

WebPro

Exploring...you have met with a doctor, did he mention if there was any way to tell how extensive you baldnes my become. I have heard to look at your father, but I really look nothing like my dad, got most of my looks from my mom...but i cant look at her dads loss because he died young. Also im on propecia so my loss my be different from his...anyway, I would really love to get transplant but I am also affraid of future loss...I doubt that there is a way to totally predict, basically Im just letting you and everyone else in my boat that I hate this crap...grow back dammit...o well, that didnt work.

Arfy,

Thanks for your comments. well I did meet with Dr.B at NHI. He mentioned that i have diffuse pattern hair loss which lead to Norwood 5A scale. He recommended me to start taking propecia. I am hoping that it would work for me, but i am not counting on it.

lets see what happens in a year.

thanks

WebPro

Hi Webpro

I don't think you are a "5a", you have too much hair. You are more like a "potential 5a".

I'm not sure how I would categorize your level of loss, but anyway the Norwood scale is not perfect to begin with.

Hang in there...

arfy